Thursday, April 27, 2006

Oma-Anna Potholders


This is actually a project from last month.

It's a potholder created by combining the patterns of two very old ones which had been made by my mother (thus Oma which is Dutch for grandma) and R's tante Anna. They're very handy because they're nice and long so you only need one. They have a slit in the middle which goes over the nob on the lid of the pan so that it won't fall off when you're pouring out hot liquid. I've made them from 100% cotton so that there won't be any fire danger. Front and back are knit separately and then crocheted together. I love the knitting but find I'm always happy when the crocheting is finished.

1 Comments:

Blogger Carol said...

HI Margaret - I just found your blog through Katrina's and started reading some of your old posts. I saw you speak of your Oma. I don't know if Oma is a dutch word, but it is the German word for grandmother as well :-) I had an Oma too :-) As you can guess, she was German.

4:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home