Friday, February 13, 2015

First Finish of 2015

And here he is - my 2015 snowman.

"Blue Snowman" by Linda Bird (Imaginating, Inc.)
stitched 2/2 on 32 count opalescent Belfast linen with DMC
started January 4, 2015 - finished February 12,2015

Oh how I wish you could see him in real life. The opalescent linen is absolutely perfect for this piece. Rather than stitch the word snow and the snowflakes with white I left them open so they glimmer.

Last night as they were announcing the winner of "Project Runway All Star" I put in my final X.

The next project I will be concentrating on is one I started in 2014. It is "The Bookshop" from a painting by Anton Pieck.

 

I bought this pattern from The Cross Stitch Pattern Gallery. I'm sorry to say that this company is no longer in operation but happy to report I bought two other patterns at the same time. I will show you pictures of these at the end of this post.

Before I do that, here is my progress at the end of 2014. My goal is to have it completed by July 31 of this year.
 "The Bookshop" by Anton Pieck
stitched 1/1 on 25 count ivory Lugana with DMC
finished design will be 7 1/8 x 10 3/8 inches
started August 28, 2014

Last but not least, the pictures of the other two patterns I purchased from The Cross Stitch Pattern Gallery.
 
 "The Snowman" by Anton Pieck

Fishbowl Fantasy 1867 - Edward Goodes reproduction oil painting
  "Fishbowl Fantasy" by Edward Goodes

Have a wonderful weekend. 

 PS: I forgot to show you the books I am currently reading. I tried to add pictures of them this morning but somehow it isn't working so here are the titles:
"A Light in the Window" by Jan Karon
"Elizabeth the Queen: The Life of a Modern Monarch" by Sally Bedell Smith

10 Comments:

Blogger Mary Ann said...

Your Blue Snowman is a lovely finish! And, I can see the sparkles!! The Bookshop is going to be a wonderful piece--I am looking forward to watching your progress on it.

2:00 PM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Oh my, Margaret, what a lovely finish you have here. A fgorgeous piece, and your idea to leave the letters and snowflakes open to see the fabric through them is really very creative. The opalescent must be shining through.
A great project you are stitching on now. I had never seen that before. It is looking very beautiful.

4:57 AM  
Blogger Juls said...

All lovely!!!! can't wait to see more progress on the Bookshop!!!!

10:02 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

The snowman is adorable Margaret. Congrats on your finish.
The bookshop is gorgeous, looking forward to more progress pictures.


11:22 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

...and he's a handsome snowman at that!

Well done Margaret!

{{{hugs}}}

11:33 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Beautiful Margaret!
{{{hugs}}}

11:34 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Blue snowman looks great, love the coloring and I'll bet with the sparkle showing it really looks awesome in real life. I'll enjoy watching bookshelf grow, that will be a lot of confetti detail but it will be fantastic when finished.

3:36 PM  
Blogger Julia said...

Thanks for visiting my blog Margaret. Your cross-stitch is amazing! I love the blue snowman and the 'Bookshop' is going to be just fabulous - so much work is in it! I admire you

Julia x

2:09 PM  
Blogger Carol said...

Your little snow finish is adorable, Margaret--and what big beautiful projects you have up next. The bookshop is going to be so special :)

10:38 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Leaving the linen open to create the word snow was truly an inspired idea, perfect for this project! But I'm bowled over at the thought of your new project, The Bookshop. That is intricate stitching and a real challenge! I'll enjoy seeing your progress. :)

8:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home