Thursday, May 04, 2006

Clang! Clang! - cable car coming

A day with lots of hours for cross-stitch and the cable car is taking shape.

My daughter recently asked if I wasn't bored stitching this a second time. No, I haven't minded at all. The first time I did it 3 1/2 years ago, I was in such a hurry to get it ready in time for the birthday that I didn't enjoy making it nearly as much as now.

As I'm getting closer to the end of this project my mind wanders to my stash and I wonder what I should do next. I've decided to leave 'Golden Gate Bridge' at least until I've done something completely different.

San's 'Q of the week': Do you or have you stitched with over-dyed threads? (Weeks Dye Works, The Gentle Art Sampler Threads, Six Strand Sweets, etc.) If so, what is your opinion concerning them? If not, why not?

How about that, a question about overdyed cotton just when I was wondering about it.Up till now I’ve never used it simply because I’ve never had a pattern that required it. I have Teresa Wentzler’s freebie “Tropical Daydream” which calls for Dinky-Dyes Overdyed Cotton #22 and I’m having a hard time finding it locally. Now that you mentioned you’re not so keen on the overdyeds San,I may just replace it with DMC in a similar color.

1 Comments:

Blogger Crazy X-Stitcher Etc said...

Hello Margaret,
Thank you so much for sending the email of your tea towel. I'm sure showing the back would not be a problem as it is so neat. :)

8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home