Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Christmas Stitching 2008 is finished

And here they are - the last of my 2008 Christmas projects. Christmas stitching is always such fun that I almost feel like starting another one. However, I think I'll restrain myself and work on WIP's instead. Before you know it 01/01/09 will arrive and it will be time for a new start - yup a new Christmas piece.

These bookmarks were a fun and quick stitch and no finish-finishing!!

adapted from 'Gingham Christmas' by Just Nan

'Christmas Tree' by Scandinavian Stitches
from 2007 JCS Christmas Ornaments


And here is the grand Christmas finale for 2008. This was stitched for a dear friend who doesn't have a Christmas fob. Hope she likes it as I loved stitching it for her.

'Cranberry Christmas' by Prairie Schooler, Inc.
from 2007 JCS Christmas Ornaments
stitched 1/2 on 32 ct platinum evenweave


There really is some more pre-Christmas work to be done as three (oops - make that four) Christmas pieces which I stitched in 2007 still haven't been framed. It would be so nice to have them on our Christmas wall this year. But as Scarlett O'Hara would say "I'll think about that tomorrow". Now I'm headed to the kitchen to put the finishing touches on a yummy spaghetti dinner. Then tonight - feet up, a cup of coffee at my side and STITCHING!!

10 Comments:

Blogger nela said...

Hummmm pasta? a ver que salsa le agregas, tengo unas cuantas recetas, bueno no mias de mi esposo, que es italiano, jajajaj yo antes decia que no me gustaba la pasta,eso fue antes de probar la de su mama, ahora como toda la pasta de su familia,
y tomas cafe de noche? no te quita el sueƱo? a mi no...como buena arquitecto unas tres tazas tipo americano diaria.. jijii.. me gustan tus trabajoa a ver si muestras esa pared de navidad... besos nela

11:00 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Lovely ornies!!!
And a perfect programme for the evening...
I'll do that too! Right away!
HUgs!
Lili

12:27 PM  
Blogger nela said...

Hummmm pasta? to see that sauce you add, I have a few recipes, well not mine to my husband, who is Italian, jajajaja I said before that I do not like pasta, that was before proving his breast, as now all the paste his family,
sockets and cafe at night? you do not lose sleep? I do not ... as good architect about three cups daily American type .. jijii .. I like your works to see if samples that wall Christmas ... Nela kisses

1:58 PM  
Blogger nela said...

Name My cat: Minina
what go to my post pinkeep..?? no understand
my dad loves the orchids from the collections I have 6 years, now that it has moved from city has brought some of his former home .. Some are adapting but not flourish ... This weekend the myuestro you ... If I'm happy to return to know ALI ... and now you are in Holland? Ina know, it is a very wonderful lady ..
know how to get orchids from seed, orchids now I'm getting this pollinating seeds go wrong if you send them home, to finish what I am writing process ...

2:02 PM  
Blogger Cindy F. said...

Great finishes Margaret!! Congrats on meeting your 2008 Christmas goals:)

2:27 PM  
Blogger Kucki68 said...

I especially fancy the tree bookmark, so nice. I am also looking forward to seeing the 2007 stitching framed this year.

11:28 PM  
Blogger Kucki68 said...

Hi,

the email (after replacing) is not working. Could you e-mail me at Kucki68atyahoodotcom?

Thanks!!!!

12:46 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret...feet up, something warm to sip on and an evening of stitching...sounds heavenly!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Great finishes, Margaret!!

1:21 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Dinner and then stitching sounds like a perfect evening! Your holiday pieces are beautiful. I really love the fob from PS Cranberry Christmas. Yes, go ahead and enter me. I love any pretty pieces made by stitching friends. Do you have any special plans for tonight (Pakjesavond)?

Hugs en groetjes ~
Heidi

4:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home