Thursday, June 12, 2008

Presenting Frederick


On Tuesday June 10 at 10:15 pm PT I finished the final stitch on Frederick. Oh my goodness - can you imagine - FINISHED!!! When someone asked me at SP on Wednesday how it felt I told them that it was just like the first day of school vacation - you have been waiting for so long for the day to come and then when it arrives you can't quite fathom the freedom you feel.

Frederick and I have been on a long journey together and although I loved him the entire time I must admit I often wished I had never met him. The first picture I have of this project was taken on December 11, 2006. At that time the top of the bookcase and the first three books on the top shelf were complete which means I must have been working on it for a while.

But all of that no longer matters - he's finished and I am happy and proud of him. If by some chance you have realized that Frederick does not have whiskers I want to assure you that he will have them. They will be a part of the mounting process in order to make sure they are nice and tight.


Thank you Bliss http://blissxstitches.blogspot.com/ and Berta http://busyhandshappyheart.blogspot.com/ for SALing with me and my friends at Stitcher's Paradise for caring about Frederick and motivating me to finish this project. Without all of you Frederick would still be a WIP.

28 Comments:

Blogger Wendy said...

Congratulations! What a great finish!!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Juls said...

I always knew you would finish him!!! Congrats!!! He is stunning!!!!! May I say he is even lovelier in person!!!

9:02 PM  
Blogger Chiloe said...

COngrats !!! It's sure a long project and it's a Dimensions: they can be a pain sometimes ... ok,most of the time !!! lol

12:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, what a feat, Margaret. Frederick is beautiful!!

12:49 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Yoohoo, congratulations Margaret!!! Frederick looks wonderful ;)

2:24 AM  
Blogger Kucki68 said...

Congratulations! That is awesome that you did finish Frederic. Mine was not seen after the move in September 2007. Must still be in one of my boxes...

2:31 AM  
Blogger Charlene said...

Congratulation. So beatiful. Was really solute you to work on black fabric through out this project and you manage to finished it perfectly. Well done !!

2:49 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh my goodness! He's actually finished! Congratulations!!!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

Awesome stitching! Congratulations Margaret on such a terrific finish!!

7:14 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

WHOOOO HOOOOO!!!!
YES! He's a beauty!

11:27 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Frederick turned out beautiful. Great job on him!

3:35 AM  
Blogger Veronica said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish! Stitching on black is quite the undertaking but definitely worth it in the end :) Frederick is just stunning.

3:45 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Your Frederick is gorgeous. I took mine in to be framed this morning. Margaret, I hope one day that we do another project together. This one was fun!

5:10 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

OMG! lol You're right. Finishing a big project especially if it's given you some amount of fits is like making it to summer break from school! lol

Congrats -- he's lovely.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Congratulations Margaret - Frederick is a beauty!

6:54 AM  
Blogger Name: Vicki said...

Frederick is gorgeous! I have him but haven't made the plunge yet! Have a great day!

7:46 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Fabulous finish! Congrats on the finish!

6:45 PM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

Congratulations Margaret, Frederick looks wonderful.

8:32 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Frederick is a wonderful achievement, Margaret!
A million congratulations and a billion hugs,
Lili

1:01 AM  
Blogger Stitchingranny said...

Oh Congratulations, it is such a wonderful feeling and a sense of achievement to get a long time project out of the way.

2:05 AM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Woohoo, congrats on getting Frederick finished - he looks wonderful :D Of course the next question is "what's next?" :P

3:05 AM  
Blogger staci said...

WooHoo!!! Congrats on a fantastic finish!!!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret, I'm so happy for you on your Frederick finish. Alas...the frogs came to visit me and I've been dragging my feet about the unpicking I need to do. You have just inspired me to pick it up and just do a few minutes at a time so I don't get overwhelmed.

He looks beautiful!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

Congrats!!! He looks wonderful!

10:35 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Congratulations, what an awesome finish. Fredrick is such a neat piece, I can't wait to see how you finish him with the framing. Great job,
Sue

7:43 AM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Congratulations are in order! What a great finish and what a wonderful name for a cat! :)

7:31 PM  
Blogger lena-lou said...

You must be so proud to have finished Frederick and what a grand job you have made of him :-)) You computer time sounds a bit like mine at the moment but enjoy wonderful holidays and I shall look forward to your return after them summer.

Take care Margaret xx

2:45 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Frederick looks awesome!!! Congrats on finishing him. :o)

8:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home