Wednesday, April 02, 2008

Love those Prairie Schoolers

Well I certainly didn't think yesterday that I would be posting again so soon, but since I have some new pictures to share I didn't want to wait.

Today's mail brought the Round 5 Fair Squares Karen K
http://karensaussieblog.blogspot.com/ stitched for me. Karen and I are both Prairie Schooler fans and we both chose to stitch a PC design for one another. Isn't this sweet?


Look at the other goodies Karen sent - a pretty "Patrick's Lucky Day" pattern and 5 skeins of green floss, a cool emory board and delicious West Australian wildflower honey and ginger toffee. If you look closely at the picture you will see that I have partially hidden the package with the toffee. That is because two pieces of the toffee have already been eaten. DH & I just couldn't resist. It is YUMMY!!!! Thank you so much for everything Karen.


Today I finished my 'Leap Year' start. The design is "Four Seasons" by PS and is stitched 2/2 on 28 ct country French linen Latte. The finished piece is 5 1/4 inches square. It was a joy to stitch as are all the PC designs.

Hope everyone is having a great week. I'll be by to visit this weekend and catch up on everyone's lives and projects.

19 Comments:

Blogger lena-lou said...

I love your PS too :-)) Nice QS!

10:33 PM  
Blogger Kathy A. said...

Very nice Prairie Schooler squares. Hiding the open toffee - that cracks me up. Nice exchange. And nice finish too

11:03 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Lovely stitching! :D

12:46 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Beautiful squares from Karen!!

9:06 AM  
Blogger staci said...

Wonderful PS's! What will you do with your finish now? It's quite lovely!

9:16 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

are they all one pattern or come from several?

5:21 PM  
Blogger Juls said...

Lovely stitching !!!! And as always it was great to see you yesterday as well!!!!! I always have so much fun at SP!!!! BTW I fixed the name on the piece I was working on and am almost done with all the personalization!!!!! Will post soon!!!!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Oh this is the first PS 4 season I've seen finished...I have it printed out and I want to do it SOON! now that I've seen yours :)

8:16 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Nice Fair Square you received and I love your Four Seasons piece ;)

4:34 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Love your PS finish! Very pretty! Congrats. Great squares too!

8:53 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Lovely exchange package. The PS pieces you both stitched for your exchange looked great. Your finish of the four seasons looks wonderful too, that is such a neat series.
Sue

1:47 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Beautiful squares, Margaret! Yes, PSs are so lovely. :)

1:06 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Nice exchange package. I love your PS Four Seasons piece. Great stitching.

6:04 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Hi there! Thanks for sending me anniversary wishes. I have a piece of fabric to give away & thought you might like to know about it. It's a Canadian-based design with maple leaves etc. Have a look. Put your name in the hat!

1:13 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Pretty square received, Margaret.

And i love your four seasons PS finish. I haven't seen that one yet.
Thanks so much for your comment on my blog, really appreciate it.

12:26 PM  
Blogger Crazee4books said...

Hi Margaret,

How lovely to hear from you on my blog. I've been browsing through your blog this evening and enjoying your wonderful stitching.

Your finish of PS Four Seasons is beautiful. Did you use the recommended colours/threads or did you make some changes or substitutions???

You really got a fantastic package from Karen. Her squares are so pretty and I love the little design that she stitched with her name, and the colours that she used to stitch it all.

Mmmmm Toffee. Sweet, buttery goodness! Don't blame you a bit for breaking into the package and tasting a piece.

Oh my. You're stitching a piece that I've had in my stash and been meaning to tackle for a very long time. I'm talking about A Suite of Nutcrackers. I've loved this design and it's rich, bright colours ever since it came out quite a few years ago. Can't wait to see your progress on it.

Thanks again for visiting my blog.

Cheers!!!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

What a lovely F&S to receive!

3:31 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Great finish on the Prairie Schooler seasons! I want to stitch them too...
Great exchange too!
Take care,
Lili

1:18 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

oh ! I loved the PS. Great exchange too.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home