Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Gifts and exchanges

It is 2:30 a.m. and since I'm awake anyway this is a good opportunity to finally sit down and post. It has taken about a month and a half but I think I've finally caught up on all the work I had to put off during the time I had the UTI. Thank you all for your concern and good thoughts. I hope that the idea of time spent together out on the balcony was as much fun for you as it was for me. It is so good to share with friends.

To catch you up on all the stitching news at one time would produce a post no one would every finish reading so today will be dedicated to gifts and exchanges.

The biggest gift came first of all - a visit from our DD all the way from Holland. We had such a wonderful time chatting, laughing and reminising. We even managed to get away to Arizona for a few days and visited the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, Sedona and Montezuma's Castle. The weather was perfect for the time of the year and we had a great trip. It was very difficult saying goodbye but I realize that is all part of having grown children as they have lives of their own. What a joy it was to have you here E - we loved every minute of your visit.

November brought another special visitor - Deb
http://lavenroseramblings.blogspot.com/. She was in town meeting her little grandson Jack for the first time and took precious time away from him to meet Juls http://afairyprincessdreams.blogspot.com/ and myself. We met up at Stitcher's Paradise early Saturday afternoon and let me assure you Deb is truly just as she appears on her blog - a tiny woman with a big personality. We chatted and shopped and chatted some more until the store closed at 4:00 p.m. and then moved on to Starbucks at the nearest Barnes & Noble and of course chatted some more. It was a wonderful afternoon Deb and a real treat to meet you in person. I am looking forward to seeing you again in May.

When I came home from the afternoon with Deb and Juls the mailman had delivered the most adorable little envelope with a Belgian stamp on it. Inside was a skein of Mistletoe floss by Sampler Threads and a card. I was thrilled to receive this anonymous gift and since receiving it have seen these wonderful envelopes popping up on many blogs.


Dear secret Santa - I thought I had it all figured out who you are but unless some very nice people are fibbing I guess I really don't know. Whoever you are - thank you!! Some day I hope to thank you in person.

In Round Three of Fair and Square Hannah
http://hannahxs.blogspot.com/ was my partner and she made me the cutest square. I don't know how you figured out I love houses Hannah but I'm sure glad you stitched this for me.

Hannah also sent along some goodies which I am looking forward to using. The pattern is called 'Autumn Arches' and will make a great addition to my autumn wall. She also enclosed some lovely Weeks Dye Works floss which will be just right for this pattern. Thank you for everything Hannah.

Another great gift from a dear friend. Thank you so much Alison http://thesquirrel01.blogspot.com/for the lovely craft magazine. It has so many fun ideas and cute patterns and like I told you, the 'Seasonal Sampler' is sure to be stitched by next Christmas.

Alison and I are planning a SAL for next year. We are currently in the process of picking our pattern and I am looking forward to sharing the SAL experience with her.

The last picture for today is of my round 4 fair squares for Georgie
http://whoomsa.blogspot.com/. The pattern is called 'French Inspired Heart' and is a complimentary pattern from The Gift of Stitching Magazine (yes you are right Lili, it is the same one. I love this pattern). It was stitched on 32 count oyster linen using Simply Shaker 'Old Red Paint' Sampler Threads. Georgie said that she loves hearts, birds, samplers and antiques. To me this combined all four.

The day before yesterday another wonderful gift arrived - our DS who lives in Germany. We are so happy that he will be spending the holiday season with us and we are all looking forward to a fun time.

I'll be back soon with some pictures of project progress, finishes and framing.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone.

PS Any mistakes made are due to the time of day. I'll re-read in the morning and adjust where needed.(LOL)

5 Comments:

Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

WHEW! I'm tired! LOL! You've had a busy full time of late...glad your better from your UTI...that's no fun, I know from experience :(
Everything looks super, wonderful and great! Do you have Santa all figured out..that sneaky elf?!
:)

4:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you're feeling better, Margaret!!! Both Hannah and your squares are wonderful!!!

4:55 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Wonderful stitching! I also LOVE this pattern, Margaret! I admire it everyday and just can't get enough of it... You're such a talented stitcher...
I'm so glad for you and DH that your son is there now! What better Xmas gifts than having your children? Enjoy!!!
The seasonal sampler looks great indeed. Is it by The Historical Sampler Company? They make wonderful designs.
I'm off for my german lesson in a few minutes now. Hope you have a good end of night...
Love,
Lili

8:55 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Both squares are simply beautiful!

Have a wonderful Christmas!!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Felicity said...

What a wonderful time you have been having! Enjoy the time with your son, won't you? :)

3:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home