Sunday, August 05, 2007

Just slipped through my fingers

Thank you all for your congratulations & lovely comments for our anniversary. They meant a lot to me and are a wonderful beginning to our 33rd year together. I owe most of you a visit to your blog and quite of number of you emails. By this time next week I hope to be up to date on all of that.

Where did July disappear too? I really don't know how a month can just slip through your fingers but that is certainly what July did. What have I been up to? When I look back I think - 'nothing in particular' but I guess I filled it with working, stitching and re-reading the first 6 Harry Potters. It has been great reading them all again in such a short space of time and seeing the whole story really evolve. This past Tuesday 'The Deathly Hallows' arrived from Amazon and today is actually set aside as HP day for me. Juls, who has finished the book, says it's the best of them all.

About 1 1/2 weeks ago I received the name of my partner for the second F&S round - it's Annemarie http://wackywanderings.blogspot.com/ and I'm very excited. Her posts are so enjoyable to read, her stitching is lovely and as icing on the cake - she's Dutch. Now as if that wasn't enough Annemarie and I have discovered that she was born and raised in the same village as my DH and attended high school in the city we lived for 22 years. Yes it certainly is a small world!! Your square isn't started yet Annemarie but I have a few ideas I'm tossing around in my head. Now all I have to do is pick the 'perfect' one.

Now for a July stitching update. Here is a progress picture of 'Autumn In My Garden'. What a fun and easy stitch this design is. With two SAL evenings per week I really think that finishing by Thanksgiving is do-able.

Frederick on the other hand, has been lounging in his bookcase again this past month. I guess I was just lucky that neither Bliss nor Berta had a lot of time available for the Tuesday SAL as I didn't either. However there are less than five months left to the December 31 finishing deadline so I'd better get stitching!! Shall we work on him again this Tuesday?

Wednesdays at our LNS have been spent working on Imaginating's 'Mooning'. Originally I started it 1/1 on 25 ct New Khaki Lugana but then decided that since the design is quite small (88 x 88) and I would like to either frame it or make it into a pillow it might be better to stitch it 2/2 on the same 25 ct. It's a cute little piece and ideal to stitch while chatting and laughing with this group of wonderful women. I feel so incredibly fortunate to have found them and only wish each and every one of you had the joy of a stitching group.

For those of you who have some hours left in your weekend - 'enjoy' and to all of you who have already started a new working week - 'have a great week'!!

12 Comments:

Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

What a delightful post Margaret, newsy and chatty...just the kind I like! Your autumn Mirabilia is looking fantastic and it is one of my favorites of theirs...I'm *thinking* of getting Touching the Autumn Sky from them...I just love that one too :)
Have a great week and I'm so glad you got paired with Annemarie!

12:27 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Yes, July did its best to slip through my fingers, too. I'm really rather shocked to be in August already.

How wonderful that you got Annemarie as a partner! I can't wait to see what you stitch for her! :D

LOVE your current projects, too!!

12:43 PM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Hey Margaret, I think everybody is really busy enjoying their summer months offline :o)

I just love the projects you're working on! 'Autumn in My Garden' is stunning. Do you know, I started Frederick years ago, but never got past a couple of books. Stitching on black is not my forte, even if it is on aida!

I'm SO glad you're my partner for the F & S exchange. Ideas are brewing even as we write...

2:34 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Your wip's are lovely and how fantastic to have Annemarie as your partner in the next exchange!

3:34 PM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Good to hear from you Margaret! The WIPs are coming along nicely :)

5:20 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Autumn is looking lovely, this piece is so pretty and does look like would be an enjoyable stitch. Mooning looks like it will be very cute and fun to do too, love the cats. Have fun reading the last HP, I can't believe the series is over and there won't be another book.
Sue

5:58 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

I think you had some wonderful stitching progress in July. Time do flies don't they? Glad you had some wonderful time reading.

8:08 PM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Wait another week before we start again! I'm just about finished 'Love'. I've discovered I'm not good at working on more than one project at a time.

'Autumn' is looking beautiful.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Sue said...

Autumn In My Garden is looking just beautiful. You're the first one I've seen stitching her ;)

3:05 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Margaret both of your WIPS look great... I of course love the black cats!

10:32 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Lovely to see you posting again, Margaret! I've missed you, Hun! :-)

Autumn in My Garden is coming along beautifully... I love the colours... and Mooning is adorable! I've got that one in my stash... I'll get to it one day... ;-)

Love and {{{Hugs}}}

7:57 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Hi Margaret!

I'm still catching up on all the blog posts but have cleared some time for this Tuesday for our Fred SAL!

Will post my progress later in the week. Take care!

1:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home