Thursday, May 10, 2007

Meeting Juls

How many of you have had the pleasure of meeting a fellow blogger in person? Well after a year of blogging I can raise my hand and say: "I have and boy was it fun!".

Juls
http://afairyprincessdreams.blogspot.com/ and I discovered this past February that we live in the same city, both love to cross-stitch and even frequent the same LNS - yet we had never met. Since that time we've kept in touch via our blogs knowing that the opportunity to meet in person would certainly come.

Last week I read she planned to go to Stitchers Paradise on Thursday to choose some fabric for a new project. Since I attend the stitching get-together there on Wednesday I asked if perhaps she could come then instead. And she could!! What fun it was to finally meet one another. Let me tell you a little secret - our fairy princess doesn't just dream of stitching - she creates masterpieces. If you visit her blog and scroll down to February 21, 2007 you will see her 'Cinderella' which graces the wall of SP. It is stunning!!

Juls, it was great meeting you and I look forward to seeing you again soon.

Just a little piece of my own stitching to show. Thank you Isabelle for telling us about Maryse's patterns. So much love & care has gone into the designing of these gems and Avril was a joy to stitch. The stitching is 1/1 on 25 ct cream evenweave creating a sweet 2 1/2" square picture. Although I haven't quite decided how to finish this I do know I'll be stitching some of the other months in the near future.

Hope everyone had a good week and wish you all a wonderful weekend.

22 Comments:

Blogger BeckySC said...

Lovely Finish, Margaret :) I have all those printed off too :)

Enjoy your weekend :)

7:14 PM  
Blogger Juls said...

Wow I feel famous! It was great to meet you as well! I felt an immediate connection! I so wish I could have joined you and the ladies this past wednesday but work ugh....I am planning on next wednesday......thank you for the lovely compliment on my Cinderella!!! I feel like I am haunting the postman for my venus threads. Lovely finish, so sweet! And thanks for the nice thoughts for my migraine leaving ..it finally did!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Nice finish. Must be really tiny :) Have a nice weekend too, mine is almost here :)

11:51 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Glad you had a good time with a fellow blogger, Margaret.
Your April square is lovely, congrats!
Unfortunately, I never went further than the February square... :(

11:52 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

April house is so pretty. It does feel good to meet another fellow blogger and yet once met felt like you known each other for ages.

12:28 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

It's always pleasant to read your blog. Glad for you that you had such an enjoyable time with your new friend. For us, from far away, we already are pleased to be able to meet you by internet! Your April house is very lovely. I wish you a very good week end.

3:05 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

April house looks lovely! Nice to hear you have a good time together with Juls.
Have a nice weekend too.

4:14 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

I've been collecting these lovely house patterns but no start yet....

How great that you had a chance to meet a fellow blogger! I haven't had that chance yet, although I've met several stitchers through an on-line group and we have become great stitching pals and meet up regularly.

Stitchers are just the best people!

5:25 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

A lovely finish, Margaret--I really like it--very springy looking.

And, it's great that you got to meet a fellow blogger!

6:58 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Hi Margaret, lovely finish BTW and I bet it was fun to meet Juls :)
I read all about it on her blog too!

Could you contact me at pfeiffers6 at sbcglobal dot net? So that I can e-mail you an invitation to join Fair and Square?
Thanks!
Vonna

9:25 AM  
Blogger Hazel said...

How wonderful to meet a fellow blogger! I love your Avril. I have saved her site to my favourites as I'd like to stitch them but I'm not sure how I will display them. What are you doing with yours? xx

3:48 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

I love your little finsh - it's so delicate.

8:59 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Beautiful finish. I haven't stitched any of them yet, but I have been saving them for in the future, the series is looking so pretty.

Glad you were able to meet Juls and have such a fun time.
Sue

7:46 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

Love the April square. I'm happy you have met a fellow stitcher. Loved visiting Juls' blog! Cinderella is awsome!

9:01 PM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Margaret...obviously I must not have the e-mail correct...
so could you e-mail me at my home address...so that I can send you an invitation to join Fair and Square...Sorry! I sent 2 invitations and they must be wrong.
here's my e-mail:
pfeiffers6@sbcglobal.net

12:12 PM  
Blogger Deb said...

Margaret, I could feel your joy at meeting Juls coming through your blognote! I know you thoroughly enjoyed your time together. The little Avril is just my cup of tea!
So dainty and lovely... I'm headed to her site to see if I can collect them.
Deb

9:19 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Hi Margaret,
you are so lucky to find a crossstitcher girl from your same city! Congratulations.
and about yout stitching it's so elegant.
thanks for share with us.

Bea

2:55 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Pretty finish. Sounds like you enjoyed meeting a fellow blogger.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Elizabeth Braun said...

Everything seems to be stitching up beautifully, Margaret! Keep up the good work!

Elisabeth=)

12:45 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

I just read the lovely story of your buildings made with matchboxes during yourchildhood. I do love reading such memories. Thank you for posting this comment on my blog.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Its so neat to meet other online stitchers! I got to meet another blogger just over a month ago... and well I've converted a number of my firends to bloggers too soo I guess that's not quite fair.

Thank you so much for yours support through my cancer scare!

6:08 PM  
Blogger tintocktap said...

Your Avril house is beautiful! I'm collecting these charts too, but haven't got round to starting yet!

8:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home