Saturday, March 17, 2007

The Tea Room

The weeks have flown by since our cruise and I think DH & I are just about ready for another one. After all the post-cruise activities had been taken care of we both came down with the flu which we seem to have finally put behind us in the last two days.

Before we left I mentioned that I was taking 'The Tea Room' along to stitch. After some stitching on board and further stitching these past two weeks here is what it looks like at the moment. Wouldn't you love to drop by?
I can hear you thinking "I thought she said she'd finished the border before the cruise." Oh you are so right! Last week I discovered the left side was short one stitch so I had to frog the side and bottom which somehow or other had fit in with the right side (if you make enough mistakes perhaps they even one another out – is that like two negatives make a positive?). Last night I re-stitched the left border & think it's OK now.

Although no back-stitching is required I found the tablecloth needed it as it didn’t show up on the ecru fabric otherwise. I am also considering backstitching the tops of the lamps in a pale golden yellow. When I look at this I can’t figure out what the method in my stitching madness is this time – doesn’t it look strange with work done here there and everywhere - not like me at all. Is it spring fever?

Tuesday was SAL-day and I stitched away on Frederick but there is no point in a picture as most of the stitching was black on black. PLEASE STOP ME FROM EVER STITCHING ON BLACK AGAIN!!! Maybe I'm over-reacting but this fabric is really getting to me. However, I will not be defeated and will keep plugging away until he's finished.

If either Gail (MS Stitch) or Renee (Bible and Broderie) reads this - your blog link no longer leads to your blog. I miss you and your blogs. Hope all is well and look forward to being able to visit you again soon.

Have a great weekend friends!!!

PS: Thank you Isabelle for your quick response. Thanks to you I can reach Renee again.

21 Comments:

Blogger Alison said...

Hi Margaret,
It was just wonderful to see your photos of the cruise ... I was wondering when you would be returning with happy stories!! It sounds as if you had a wonderful time. I have not been blogging as much as I would have liked but still trying to keep in touch with dear friends such as you!
Much love,
Alison xxx

9:32 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Hi Margaret! I'm sorry you and your husband were ill. I hope you're both feeling real better now.

The Tea Room is absolutely delightful. Sorry you had to frog so much, though!

I still visit Renée's blog everyday, it works just fine for me. http://www.bibleenbroderie.com/ Maybe a server problem over the Atlantic or something.

Have a lovely weekend, Margaret!

10:06 AM  
Blogger Rachel V said...

Hi Margaret, The Tea Room looks really lovely. Sorry you had to frog so much though!

1:33 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Tea room looks lovely, such pretty colors. I like the outline on the tablecloth, and think a pale yellow on the lamps would probably help them stand out a little more as well.

Sorry you both got ill after the cruise, hope you are both feeling back to normal now, and that the frog will stay a way in the future.
Sue

1:45 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Your border came out beautifully - well worth the effort of frogging! I hope you and your DH are feeling much better.

1:53 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Hi Margaret,
It's great to hear news about you again!
thanks for your sweet comment on my blog.

This tea room is so so sweet. It's a pain you had to frog, I hate to do it hehe

Good Weekend!

3:11 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Yuck! the flu-been there done that myself. Hope you guys are feeling much better. Tea room looks pretty on the ecru-you will finish before you know it!

3:30 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

The flu seems to be going around. I'm just getting over it myself.

Your tea room looks beautiful!

3:33 PM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Get well soon Margaret and the Tea Room is coming out fine. What's on the menu, Earl Grey or Darjeeling?? ;)

6:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your Tea Room looks great.

4:34 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

So sorry that your DH and you were ill, hope both of you are feeling much better now.

The result of the Tea Room is absolutely beautiful, worth every effort that you had put into it, am sure of it.

8:33 PM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Tea room looks FABULOUS :)
Great job...hope all is well after your bout with the flu...that is no fun...
:)

6:05 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

The Tea Room looks magnificent! I would love a cruise right about now too - LOL!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret, I thought I was the only one who seen mistakes after not looking at a project for a while...with fresh eyes, it does seems to jump out! The Tea Room is lovely...is this for you or a gift?

7:53 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

After this beautiful cruise (thanks for sharing these wonders!), I would very much like to drop by indeed! (I'm a tea drinker! Lol...)
Frogging one on one: I can't imagine anything worse when it comes to cross stitch...
Hugs, dear Margaret!
Lili

10:40 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Braun said...

Hah! Know what you mean. We're usually 2 days beack from a holiday (vacation in UK-speak) and need another one STRAIGHT away! We gotback to work after the winter break desperate for a rest and we don't even do Xmas!!!

Like your 'Tea Room' piece.=)

1:51 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Tea Room is such a sweet picture! And I share your sentiment about stitching on black - its awful!!

Glad to hear you and hubby are recovered from the flu.

5:02 AM  
Blogger Namuelle said...

This tea room is lovely !!! It's such a nice chart.
Hope that DH and you are fine now !

5:56 AM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

yES !! i WOULD LOVE TO COME VISIT. tHANKS FOR THE COMENT YOU LEFT ME.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Dear Margaret, what are your last news? I wish you enjoy much pleasant stitching time, and other pleasures too. Happy week end to you.

4:45 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Hi Margaret,
Yes, that is me signed up for Chloe's quilt. I saw your sign-up, too. Tea Room is looking lovely!!

11:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home