Thursday, December 21, 2006

Merry Christmas to all, and to all ...

The final countdown to Christmas Day has begun and I hope everyone is ready!!! Personally I'm almost there - just a few last minute things to do but what else is new?

Last Thursday our DS arrived from Germany and we're having a great time with him here. We are so thankful that he was able to come and spend Christmas with us. It would have been great to have DD & her DBF here too but they couldn't come this year. Dearest 'E', we wish you and 'T' and his mom a wonderful Christmas Day.

Has everyone completed all their Christmas stitching? When I read your blogs and see what you have all accomplished this past month I'm simply amazed. Compared to the rest of you my finished pile is pretty small - only 5 pieces actually completed. I've already shown you the two tea towels I mailed out and 'Christmas Row'. No further progress has been made on Las Vegas Christmas tree so that will be a project I put on my 'to be completed' list for 2007.

The other two finishes are:

'Kisses from Heaven' by San-Man Originals and

'Traditional Santa' which was designed by Sue Cook and is a freebie from cross-stitching.com. The colors on this piece are actually much more vibrant than they appear on this image. I had to change his face a wee bit as the backstitching on his eyes & nose made it look like he was wearing sunglasses. Actually it made him look like a Mafioso - not good!!

In January 'B' and I plan to attend one or more lessons on the techniques of mounting cross-stitch for framing. It sounds like fun & I hope to do well enough in these classes to be able to frame the three completed Christmas pieces. Although I'll probably continue having any 'important' pieces framed at a shop it will be nice to be able to handle smaller projects myself.

Meeting all of you this past year has been very important to me. Living in a city which has no community feeling is no fun. After living in The Netherlands surrounded by family & friends and then moving to Santa Rosa, California where we met so many wonderful people & immediately felt we belonged, the shock of the move here was pretty severe. Then this past April you welcomed me into your community and made me feel right at home. Thank you all so much for your friendship. You have become an important part of my life and I will always cherish each and every one of you.

My wish for all of you is that you will have a very blessed and joyful Christmas and that the coming year will be filled with happiness, good health and of course plenty of fun stitching.

Hugs, Margaret

18 Comments:

Blogger Leeland said...

Wishing you the best Xmas with your son and DH, Margaret. It's a pity that your DD won't be able to come, but you've been able to see her not so long ago, fortunately... I am still looking for a way to email you... Will keep you informed here, but you can erase my related posts you know: that's not very interesting...
Your Xmas stitching is very beautiful. I am about to start a M designs tree I think... though it's not really time to do it, I'm too itchy to start it...
Thank you for your kind and wise words on my blog. You are totally right and a blessing to me.
Lots of special hugs for this joyful season! And special wishes to you and your loved ones for a good healthy 2007.
Lili

10:06 AM  
Blogger Jamie said...

You stitching is beautiful. I just started stitching and crocheting... hoping to learn to knit this year. Have a merry Christmas and a happy new year.

10:19 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret, on behalf of my family, Merry Christmas and all the best for 2007!

10:21 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Your finishes are darling, Margaret.
I am grateful that you are part of our community. You are a special lady. I treasure each and everyone of your comments. Have a wonderful Christmas!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

Wishing you a Merry Christmas

11:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love your finishes. Have a Merry Christmas.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

both are lovely finishes Margaret. I too want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and all the best for the new year :)

2:19 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Hi Margaret, i love your recent finishes, both looks great!!! I can say, we have great friends here too around since coming here to stay nearly 12 years ago. Still, i do miss my own family....sorry to hear your DD can't make it for the holidays.
Prettige Kerstdagen en een Gelukkig Nieuw Jaar!!

2:37 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

I'm sorry your DD won't be able to join you this year, I'm missing my DD as well as this will be the first Christmas she hasn't been home with me to spend it. Your finishes are cute, I especially like the sanman snowman. Have a wonderful Christmas,
Sue

3:53 PM  
Blogger Bea said...

Happy Christmas Margaret!! And a happy new year
Hugs and kisses!!

3:16 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Your stitching is wonderful! Glad your Santa turned out so well, though the thought of a Mafioso Santa totally cracks me up!

I can so relate to how important finding an online community has been to you. I've been through Nevada a couple of times, and it's so spread out, I can well imagine it's very hard to find a niche where you feel you belong. My online friends have added so much to my life. Truly, we're blessed by our friends!

12:53 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

3:25 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Hi Margaraet. I deleted my previous post because I noticed you were living in Nevada not Santa Rosa and my comment was about having friends in Santa Rosa I offered to get you in contact with. Anyway, your finishes were great. Hope you have a Merry Christmas.

3:29 PM  
Blogger Karen said...

Merry Christmas Margaret! I wish you all the best this holiday season. :)

4:23 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Beautiful finishes, Margaret! And, you may stitch any ornament you like for the Diabetes Ornament tree. In fact, they don't even have to be stitched ornaments. I received a beautiful beaded ornament for donating this year.

Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

5:46 PM  
Blogger Namuelle said...

Merry Christmas my dear Friend !
Have a nice Holiday.
Hugs from your French friend

12:34 AM  
Blogger nela said...

Hello Margaret, Merry Christmas for you and your family, who pretty your commentaries, and I am interested that you are going to take finished classes from? he counts a little but where? good if you need aid… with taste I am to your you order. A great kiss

11:48 AM  
Blogger Kucki68 said...

Santa looks adorable and I wanted to wish you a merry christmas and a wnderful 2007.

4:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home