Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Christmas Stitching

Oh dear, winter's here. It has suddenly turned cold and there is a strong wind blowing. This afternoon it felt so chilly inside that I finally turned on the heat. Ah, this is much better -- now we can forget about the temperature outside and enjoy the coziness indoors.

Friday DH & I trimmed the trees and decorated the house. DH collects nutcrackers which we display around our home each Christmas. Every year it's a joy to see all their faces again and they give the house such a festive air. There's still baking to be done and gifts to be purchased but the holiday feeling has started.

With the Christmas season comes Christmas stitching.

Here is the right half of 'Winter Row' which is now finished and ready to be framed. I'm sorry I can't show it in its entirety but the scanner just isn't that big. This was such a fun and easy project to stitch. Now I'm just not sure if I will leave it as is or add embellishments. Somewhere (can't remember where of course) I saw a completed piece which had two of the snowmen wearing hats (one with a top hat and one with a stocking cap). It looked really cute and it's something I must consider before framing. However, like Karen http://colourfulcreations.blogspot.com/ and her gorgeous ' Jingle Bells Christmas Tree Farm' I'm not going to worry about framing until after New Year. That was an excellent idea Karen.

When I started 'Winter Row" I also started stitching the 'Las Vegas Tree Ornament' by M Designs. This is being stitched one over on 28 ct Glacier Lugana with DMC 4030. Although the design is very simple I have spent just as much time frogging as I have stitching. The letter 'G' was one of those times when I wondered why I had ever started this tree. Actually it got to me so badly that I felt like quitting completely. Of course a day later I was at it again as I refuse to let it get the better of me. I'm not quite sure how I will finish this once the stitching is done. Perhaps a needle roll.

This is 'Kisses From Heaven' by San-Man Originals, another fun project to work on when 'Las Vegas' gets to me. It is being stitched two over on 32 ct Twilight Blue Linen and when finished will only be 2.25" x 2.50". Isn't this the sweetest little project? My friend 'B' just finished it and I've already seen it framed. It is simply adorable.

Hope everyone is having a good week & enjoying their Christmas stitching.

19 Comments:

Blogger Maria said...

Am putting up some new progress report photos of Frederick. How are you doing with it?

11:09 PM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

The winter row is just so right. Captures the feel of the festive season. Lovely work!

1:56 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats ohn finishing Winter Row. I love the fabric you chose to do that on.

3:35 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Oh, such pretty pieces you've been working on, Margaret :) Keep warm! :)

5:33 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh, I love your Christmassy stitching!!

5:40 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

OOOH lovely wintery finishes! And the Las Vegas Tree ornament is looking great!!

5:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your stitching is beautiful. I love Winter Row. And I think the trees from M Designs are great :)

8:29 PM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

Everything just looks great.. Hope you have a good weekend as it is Friday now. Thanks for the comment it was nice hearing from you..

3:03 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Winter Row is just gorgeous! It really puts you in the mood for Christmas. :) I'm glad you picked up the tree ornament again. Those M Design patterns are all so cute. :)

4:09 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Lovely stitching and great book comment! I imagine how difficult your Las Vegas tree must be, but it will be a wonder...
Christmas is in the air here too...
Take care!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Sylvie said...

Winter row is gorgeous!

10:42 AM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Wow you've really been busy with your Christmas stitching .I love the Winter Row.

11:22 AM  
Blogger Stitch Wizard said...

Your Christmas stitching is really pretty! Thank you for stopping into my blog and for your nice comment!! Tis the season for stitching some Christmas things and you are doing a wonderful job! Debby

12:55 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Winter row turned out great!!
Have a nice weekend.

2:28 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

All of them are lovely, I especially like winter row. You're the second person I've seen post this as a finish recently,and someone else is working on it, it seems to be a really popular pattern this year
Sue.

7:03 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

You have been busy - Winter Row looks great (the half that I can see LOL). I think hats would look great on the snowmen if you can find buttons the right size. Your other pieces look lovely too

3:29 PM  
Blogger Kucki68 said...

The Vegas Tree will be lovely, keep at it. I have the Peace tree in a magazine and would love to do that one day. I have started the Heart by M Designs and it will be great once I get back to it. I probably should post a WIP picture to shame me into working on it again.

6:53 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Lovely Christms stitching! The LV tree will be great when done. Where did you purchase or did you have specially made?

5:57 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I have wanted Winter Row for a good while now and yours has just made me want it even more. I just can't seem to find anywhere that stocks it :(

I have Jingle Bell Christmas Tree Farm, but not stitched it yet. Perhaps it will be ready for next Christmas!!

Love your vegas ornament, don't give up on it.

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home