Friday, November 03, 2006

Thanks Karen

Working on the computer has been a trial all day long. Our provider seems to be having some problems which of course become our problems. Hopefully we'll be in the air long enough for me to write & post a short message.

Yesterday I received a lovely thick envelope from Karen
http://colourfulcreations.blogspot.com/ I had admired Karen's 'The Tea Room' when she was stitching it and when she noticed the pattern on my wish list she offered to send me hers. But not only did she send me the pattern, the envelope was filled with all kinds of goodies - a hand towel for me to embroider, banding to stitch bookmarks, an adorable tape measure with the cutest scissor charm, bordeaux fabric and a pretty card. Thank you so much Karen - it felt like Christmas.

Tomorrow DH & I are leaving for a short trip to Europe. He has to go there on business and we are very fortunate to be able to combine it with short visits to our DS & DD. The last time we were there was February so you can imagine how excited I am. We'll be flying home again next Friday which hopefully means the trip is too short for jet lag. As well as a good book I'll be taking some Christmas stitching along to keep me occupied during the flight - 'Winter Row" http://www.bentcreek.com/Winter%20Row.htm

Time to sign off before the provider does. Have a wonderful weekend & a good week everyone.

11 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed that you'll enjoy fine weather while in Europe!

That's a lovely packet from Karen!!

12:18 AM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Have a wonderful trip. Some lovely goodies you received!

12:35 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

That's a lovely sweet gesture of Karen! Enjoy your trip!

1:18 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Glad you liked your package. :) I look forward to seeing Winter Row. It's very cute. :)

5:18 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

What a lovely gift from Karen!

9:50 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Have a wonderful trip Margret .Great package from Karen.

10:23 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Enjoy your trip. The witch is cut yet scary..LOL

6:02 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Winter Row will be very cute, I really like the fat little snowmen. Have a good trip.
Sue

6:26 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Ooh coming to my part of the country, lol. I am in Germany for at least another 2 years. I love it here so I can understand your excitement to come back. Its been kinda cool here so pack some warm clothes. We actually got snow last week! It's early compared to last year. Still fun though!

What a great surprise you got in the mail. It's always nice when you can find that someone to take a pattern your finished with and you know its going to a good home. :)

2:04 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

What a great gift you received - Karen was certainly very generous!

Have a wonderful trip to Europe!!!

10:00 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Travel safe!

3:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home