Tuesday, September 26, 2006

'Gone With The Wind'

It's been a hectic week and although I've dropped by to visit I haven't had much time to bring all of you up to date on the latest from here.

Last Wednesday I headed back to quilting morning at Centennial Quilts & once again had a lovely time. One of the other girls who is also a cross stitch addict had brought along some of her lovely projects to share. I'm now in the process of trying to convince 'B' that she really should join the blogging world & share her work with all of you.

I spent the morning working on the GFG quilt & managed to complete the flower I had previously been working on. I know it probably doesn't sound like I did much but a flower is not stitched in an hour, so I was very happy because I'd made some real progress. At the end of the stitching morning 'B' & I decided to visit Stitcher's Paradise. We were going in her car so I decided to put my things in my trunk before heading out. It was a very gusty day ----- need I say more? The worst part is that I was so excited about going to SP that I didn't even notice the flower blowing away. It wasn't until the evening when I was taking things out of the trunk that I noticed it was gone. Now I know that on the world scale of mishaps this doesn't even rate a zero but I do miss my flower. So friends take one last look & wave a fond goodbye.


Our visit to SP was great fun. This shop contains anything and everything for a cross sticher. I managed to control my urge to buy everything in sight and settled for one pattern plus fabric. Here is 'Mr. Belvedere' from the "Pen & Ink Cross Stitch Collection" http://www.ronnierowedesigns.com/ Isn't he adorable? He reminds me so much of our Max and I'll be stitching him for DH. The fabric is 25 count white Lugana and I'll be stitching one over in black (except for the blue eyes of course). It will be several months before I'm ready start Mr. Belvedere as I don't do well at having too many projects going at once and really do need to finish a few first.

I've been busy working on a 'Love Quilt' square for Katie Rose
http://lovequilts2007children.homestead.com/KatieRoseH.html
The pattern is 'Beauty Angel' from the September 2006 edition of The World of Cross Stitching.


As you can see Katie Rose's favorite colors are pink & purple which is why I've chosen to replace the blue dress with a purple one. Although I'll be using a border similar to the one on the pattern I won't be stiching in the word 'Beauty' as words seem to clutter the quilts up too much. I have also decided not to stitch in the angel wings as I feel that it looks great without.

Hope everyone is having a good week.

19 Comments:

Blogger stitcherw said...

So sorry about your flower, it's a shame it blew away. Mr. Belvedare is lovely, with the pen and ink style I'll bet it will be very striking done up.

The color changes you've done on the beauty angle look great, she's going to love having it on her quilt.

4:46 PM  
Blogger claudia said...

Sorry about your flower blowing away!

I love the cross stitch you pictured here, the little kitty under her skirt is adorable.

Mr. Belvedere looks like a fun one! Can't wait to watch his progress!

6:51 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret, I love the piece you are doing for Katie Rose! As to your flower, perhaps someone found it and is wondering just how it came to be blowing in the wind?!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Good morning :) How is Frederick coming along for you? I've found that Frederick himself takes AGES to make, so I'm sticking to the books for now. I'll try to post a picture sometime this week :-)

11:32 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

That's sad, about the flower blowing away. But maybe someone will find it, and it'll make him/her very happy....

Your angel is adorable. She's going to make that little girl smile from ear to ear! And the kitty project is going to be stunning!!

11:50 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Hi Margaret!
Ditto Barbara for the flower: I just hope that it makes someone happy, or even better: make someone want to give it a try. Or may be a caring person has found it and given it back to the people who run the meeting? Who knows? Someone could bring it back to you next time? I want to believe in a miracle for this lovely flower.
The cat design is really lovely, and your DH will sure be glad with it. You haven't chosen an easy cat design again! Who's that Frederick the Literate, btw? lol!!!
The changes you have made on the angel make it waaay cuter than the original, that I already liked a lot. I definitely prefer your little funny lady in a purple dress!
Take care, Margaret!

3:53 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

What a shame to have lost your flower!

I love the square you are stitching up for Love Quilts and what a worthwhile project! I'm sure Katie Rose will love it.

5:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Belvedere is great. Your stitching is very nice.

7:57 AM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

I am sorry to hear about your flower blowing away!

Mr. Belvedare is just so cute!!! I love him! I also love what you are doing for the love quilt! Wonderful choice with the colors!!!

7:40 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Hi, your progress on 'Love Quilt square is looking good, probably done by now...sorry to hear abot the flowers though. Have a nice week.

3:07 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

The piece for Katie Rose looks nice. I'm sure she'll like it. I just started her piece today.

5:05 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

The quilt square you are stitching for Katie Rose is very pretty. It will be perfect for her quilt. I am signed up to stitch for her quilt, too. But, I have a few to finish before getting to hers.

6:15 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

So sorry that you lost the flower.I hoped the finder make good use of it.

Your choice color for the fairy is good, it looks so sweet.

12:01 AM  
Blogger Kucki68 said...

Your "Beauty" is lovely. I have just glanced at the afghan so far, but seeing you stitch it makes my fingers itch. But I am trying to have a WIP Winter and finish stuff.

1:46 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I really like your changes in "Beauty" and I agree that she looks great without her wings!

6:15 PM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Oh my Margaret! For so long you've been reading my blogs I have thought that you were another Margaret that I know from my board. I am so sorry for the mistaken identity.

Thank you so much for your kind words.

6:37 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Awww, all your hard work, gone. I am so sorry about your flower and can understand how you miss it. It was coming out so good too.

Mr Belvidiere is adorable, Can't wait to see how he turns out.

Your pink and purple lady is pretty too, I know katie willlove it.

11:58 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

I just love your latest makes, Margaret, and you are right to leave off the angel wings, the little girl looks gorgeous without! Hope you received my e-mail with latest news and thanks for the yarns for our Project - we are itching for January to arrive aren't we LOL :-D
Hugs Alison xx

5:29 AM  
Blogger Candy B. said...

Hi Margaret,
I came across your blog by accident. I am presently very interested in quilting and have been looking for a quilt with a Gone with the Wind theme so when I typed that into my browser, your blog came up.
I am amazed at all of the cross-stitch projects you have done. How do you do them all? I used to do cross-stitch for many years, mostly as wedding, baby, or other gifts but I haven't done any in awhile. It takes so long.
Anyway, your projects are beautiful.
Candy B.
from Chicago, IL

8:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home