Tuesday, August 15, 2006

A finish, a start and what's next

These past two weeks have been pretty strange. For starters the hard disk on my laptop crashed. Thank goodness we have an extended warranty as this was the second crash in two years. It took several days for the repairs which meant no work and all play and I was able to do some extra stitching & reading. Once the HD was replaced DH was able to transfer all my info from the old disk to the new. Whew.... sigh of relief as I hadn't made a back-up the previous week. Then last week suddenly my blog was down. It took Blogspot about five days to get that fixed and lucky me, everything was still intact.

But now I’m back and ready to bring you up to date on my latest stitching efforts.

'Volleyball Game' is finished and was sent off, along with 'Sea View', to Sedona AZ where they will be incorporated into the quilts. You're probably thinking that these volleyball players have very muscular legs, and you're right. However, that's the way the pattern was and I figured I might as well just leave them as is. Who knows, maybe volleyball really does build up leg muscles.

Of course I just had to start Michael Powell's 'Greek Church' and it really is a fun new project. The use of both half and whole cross-stitches gives a very nice effect. As you see I just had to do a bit of the back-stitching so I could see the picture coming to life.

Yesterday I joined Katrina's (A Kiwi Stitching) needle roll SAL and picked out a cute pattern called 'Happy Halloween'. It's a freebie from Whispered by the Wind. I think it's going to be fun making my first needle roll although I may feel differently once I have to actually make it into the roll. We'll cross that bridge when we come to it I guess and just enjoy the stitching for now.

That's all I have to report for the moment. I'm looking forward to everyone coming home from their vacation and blogging all their latest news. I so enjoy reading what all of your lives are like.

3 Comments:

Blogger msstitch01 said...

Your recent finishes look great Margaret. As for the needleroll, you will find them addictive once you start them, I know I have, and now I have well over 45-50 needleroll kits and patterns to stitch now. When it comes to making up your needleroll there is a great link on the internet which is very easy and helpful if you have never made up a needleroll before. It is:
www.cameoroze.com/completions/needleroll/needleroll_int.htm

Hope this helps......

10:30 PM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

Glad you are back. Love the progress & hope your computer stay's alive for a while... LOL
Oh Ye is it gonna be an Umbrella...

Have a good week

2:29 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Good job Margaret!

I love Michael Powell!! I¡ll be waiting for your updates. Which kind of fabric are you using on it?

Thanks for the answer

Bea

6:21 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home