Thursday, July 13, 2006

A spell has been cast

For some time now I've been drooling over the beautiful Mandala Gardens some of you are making. Last week I discovered that Martina Weber offers a number of freebies http://chatelaine-design.de/newweb/ and I figured this was my chance to try my hand at it.



The 'Tiny Rose Mandala Garden' has cast a spell on me. Even when I'm not working on it I have it close by so I can take a peek now and then. Do you see the fountain in the centre? The symmetry of the entire piece is so lovely and it's so much fun to do. I LOVE IT!!! It's being stitched on 28 ct evenweave that I've had lying around for ages. The finished pattern will measure 4 3/8" x 4 3/8" and up till now every stitch has been an absolute joy.

7 Comments:

Blogger Tracy said...

I've admired these as well, yours is looking great ,can't wait to see it finished.I love reading as well but I have too say I can't read reaally scary books my imagination gets the better of me lol.

2:10 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

I've admired these as well, yours is looking great ,can't wait to see it finished.I love reading as well but I have too say I can't read reaally scary books my imagination gets the better of me lol.

2:11 PM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

I checked out the Martina Weber link you gave and can see why you got hooked... Nice work so far.

4:17 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

WOW and STUNNING! I do relate to this extraordinary feeling that you're hooked to a wonder! It is!
Enjoy your week end!

8:28 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

It's beautiful! I've wanted to start one of these for some time, but something else always came up ... seeing yours, I will do a better job of making time to start one of my own!

12:41 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Progress is looking good, Margaret.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

Your Tiny Rose Mandala looks great Margaret. I have been resisting the urge to buy several of the Mandala Gardens for sometime now but may well have to start one of the freebies after seeing yours.

8:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home