Tuesday, June 20, 2006

A bit of this & that


How many ways can there be to incorrectly stitch the word "BIRTHDAY"? Well, however many there are I've discovered them all. I frogged it so many times I thought I'd turn green, but I was not to be defeated!! Here are some images taken before stitching in the name. That way SHE won't know who she is. Now all I have to do tomorrow is stitch it into a biscornu and run it to the post office.

This cute sampler pattern is a freebie designed by Christine-Ann Martin and available at http://www.aion-needlecrafts.co.uk/
I couldn't resist it and thought it might be a good chance to try out variegated floss. I think I'll attempt to turn it into a needle-book. That's something I've been wanting to make for some time and this seems just about the right size for a first attempt.

Also managed to make a nice little pile of hexagons for my GFG quilt. Next week I hope to get some new flowers made so that D can see I'm making some progress. I'm so glad you got me started on this D and loved sharing our progress this past March.

Very little work on "Frederick" this past week. We were out of town for several days (that's when I made the hexagons - great to do in the car) and since we've been back I haven't had the time to work on him while it's light enough. Hopefully there will be some progress next weekend.

Before I sign off I want to thank you all for reading my ramblings and leaving such lovely comments.

3 Comments:

Blogger Leeland said...

Hi Margaret!
Your comment on my latest post really moved me: thank you so much for taking the time to tell me all this. I do agree with your analysis, and I cannot thank you enough. These difficult, painful things we have to live definitely change us -hopefully for the better.
On the stitching front: I love those little projects you're stitching! I always do that when the big project I am stitching puts me off... Relate to this? (wink!). I choose small designs so they are quickly finished, but I do lots of them and the main one just stays untouched... Well...
Take care, Margaret!

12:34 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Very cute Margaret! Look forward to seeing the finished needlebook and biscornu.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

On my blog you said you was rethinking the light effects thread and I think you should do it.. You only live once..But before you do you have to get some Thread Heaven.It will help so much.... Your work is wonderfull by the way.I like the kitty one you are doing..Have a good day

2:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home