A bit of this & that
How many ways can there be to incorrectly stitch the word "BIRTHDAY"? Well, however many there are I've discovered them all. I frogged it so many times I thought I'd turn green, but I was not to be defeated!! Here are some images taken before stitching in the name. That way SHE won't know who she is. Now all I have to do tomorrow is stitch it into a biscornu and run it to the post office.
This cute sampler pattern is a freebie designed by Christine-Ann Martin and available at http://www.aion-needlecrafts.co.uk/
I couldn't resist it and thought it might be a good chance to try out variegated floss. I think I'll attempt to turn it into a needle-book. That's something I've been wanting to make for some time and this seems just about the right size for a first attempt.
Also managed to make a nice little pile of hexagons for my GFG quilt. Next week I hope to get some new flowers made so that D can see I'm making some progress. I'm so glad you got me started on this D and loved sharing our progress this past March.
Very little work on "Frederick" this past week. We were out of town for several days (that's when I made the hexagons - great to do in the car) and since we've been back I haven't had the time to work on him while it's light enough. Hopefully there will be some progress next weekend.
Before I sign off I want to thank you all for reading my ramblings and leaving such lovely comments.