Monday, May 15, 2006

Mission Accomplished

Friday night I finished up the final stitches on 'Powell & Hyde Cable Car' and here is the finished piece. It always amazes me how the last few days I'm working on a project I can hardly wait for it to be completed, yet once it's done I feel like I've landed in a void. The question is always 'what now?'

Saturday DH & I decided to escape the heat for a day. It's into the 100's every day now so the only time you really want to be out of doors is the early morning. This morning at 5:30 a.m. (yes you're reading correctly, that's when we get up and go for a three mile walk before the heat sets in) it was already 77F. Saturday we drove up to Zion National Park and on to Bryce Canyon. The scenic drive through Zion is breathtaking. Around every corner there are new and wonderful vistas. Bryce Canyon has some of the earth's most colorful rocks, which have been sculpted by erosion into fantastic forms including pillars called 'hoodoos'. Iron oxides give red, yellow and brown tints to the limestone, while manganese oxides lend a lavender hue. What a wonderful cross-stitch picture this would make. Due to the high elevation the temps were wonderful. At one point on our way home we were crossing through a pass at almost 10,000 feet and there was still lots of snow and even ice on the river. What a welcome difference from our desert climate.

Sunday was a relaxing day with Mother's Day calls from our children who both live too far away to drop by on a day like this. An entertaining evening with 'Survivor' even though I would have preferred that either Terry or Cherie win the million. Oh well, of the two finalists I guess I can live with the winner.

Of course with a long evening of TV I needed something to cross-stitch and as I don't really know what I want to do next I started a small Blue Ribbon freebie sampler 'Crowned Heart' to keep me busy while I decide.





1 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for the comment on my blog. I've watched the Anne of Green Gables movies at least 200 times when I was a kid and still pick them up every now and then to watch again. ;)

Your Powell and Hyde Cable Car is beautiful! Congratulations on finishing it.

7:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home