Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Birthdays

I can hear you saying: "Well, where are the first pictures of Frederick that you promised?" Truly, I've been working on him, but so far all I have to show is the top of the bookcase - numerous gold & brown cross-stitched rows. No one out there is interested in that type of an image I’m sure. Hopefully by the end of next week I will be able to do a little better.

Do have something else to show you though. Since stitching on black is no picnic as far as I'm concerned, I've started a few small side projects. Here’s a cute Canadian cow which I'll be making into a birthday card for my Canadian brother-in-law. He’s such a great person and I just know he will be pleased with a card made especially for him.

There is someone out there in my 'forum-world' who led me to the great cow site. I wanted to thank you on my blog and have spent the last half hour trying to find your posting of the English cow. I can't find it back!!!!!!! Thank you, whoever you are. As soon as I find you again I will certainly mention your name on my site. For those of you who might like to see the large display of cows I've added 'Cows Galore' to my Handy Links.

The second small project is also for a birthday but instead of a card I hope to make this into a biscornu. I've added a 'frame' so that I can stitch in the name & date.

In 'Handy Links' I've also added a link to "30-Minute Meals". I'm sure most of the Americans & Canadians among us know Rachel Ray and her cooking. Those of you who live elsewhere might enjoy her recipes too, they'll always easy, fast and very tasty. There are new recipes every day and all are free and downloadable.

3 Comments:

Blogger Kucki68 said...

At least you did not have to frog yet...

The cow is very cute, I am sure BiL will love it. I am looking forward to seeing your biscou, too.

2:39 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Your cow is soooo cute. Seeing is this one it reminds me that i promised one of the cows to stitch for a quilts block. I think the one with the hearts. Have a nice week.

1:23 AM  
Blogger Kucki68 said...

Hi Meg,

any progress yet? I am knitting rather than stitching as that is easier during soccer worldcup.

12:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home