Thursday, June 01, 2006

'Frederick' SAL Start


Today Maria, Karin & I start our 'Frederick the Literate' SAL. This is my first SAL and I'm excited about it.

For those of you who have never met Frederick, he is a Charles Wysocki design in a Dimensions kit and will be stitched on 14 ct black Aida. This is my first time stitching on a black background and I'm not looking forward to that but will put up with it as I love the picture.

Will try and post an image tonight of my start on the project. Good luck to my stitching partners Maria who can be found at: http://kiwiria.livejournal.com/ and Karin who's blog address is: http://www.kucki68.blogspot.com/

5 Comments:

Blogger lyssophietje said...

Good luck with you're sal:)

I also thought about stitching Frederick, but I have lots of big projects waiting so I quess I better wait:p.
But maybe I change my mind when I see you're progress!

Happy Stitching!

Mirjam

2:49 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

What a cute design! Stitching on black isn't as bad as I originally thought, as long as there was really good lighting. Not something I'd make a habit of though. hehe

Can't wait to see your progress!

7:52 AM  
Blogger Melissa G. said...

I look forward to watching your progress on Frederick - I have him in my stash for 'one day...' :)

4:06 PM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

I'm glad you learned how to add links to your blog. Thank you for adding me. Good luck with the stitch along.

3:13 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

Thanks so much for your link and your comment, Margaret.

I use bloglines to post my favourite links on my blog. Maybe it would be useful for you.

I'll be watching for your advances in Frederick.

Hugs!

1:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home