Sunday, July 09, 2006

Sea View

It's hard to believe that a week has gone by since I last sat down to write. I hope all the Canadians had a great Canada Day and all the Americans a good 4th of July. Our 4th was very quiet. Our neighbors had been over on Sunday for a BBQ since he's a fire captain and was on duty at the fireworks display on Independence Day. DH & I took in a matinee of "The Devil Wears Prada" and we both thought it was terrific. Now I've heard that the language in the book is quite bad but in the movie it isn't at all. I love Meryl Streep as an actress and this was truly a very different role for her but one she was excellent in.

Yeeeeeees Lili I planned my Frederick stitching time well - managed to find enough BBQ prep-work to do so that I only had time to stitch one rat. SHAME ON ME!!!! You can imagine how I'm looking forward to December 26 so that I can see your progress on Maggie.(lol)


This afternoon I finished Sea View which is my square for the Love Quilt for Erica F. This was really fun to do and I hope it fits in well with the squares the others are making.

That's all for tonight. Tomorrow evening I hope to visit you all and see what you've been doing this past week.

5 Comments:

Blogger Bea said...

Wow, this is a great design.
Congratulations!

12:38 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Your seaview square is so beautiful that I can't stop looking at it! I'm sure the recipient will treasure it!
Now, you're pressurizing me! I don't even remember where Maggie is! I have five months or so to locate the kit! That will be a great reason for me to miss those long family lunches... Do you think they will understand?
Perhaps we should go on holiday with only that one kit? And compare our progress in the end? (kidding! that would be awful holidays!).
The jigsaw puzzle is a great idea though. But my maximum is 500 pieces!lol
Hugs!
Lili

2:15 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

I so enjoy your quilt square that the other day I bought a similiar pattern. I'm planning to try it for my daughter first.

2:22 AM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

Yes ,I'm working on the whole yearly series. God willing they will all be done in differnt colors. Doing Ok after a stressfull weekend Thanks....

8:30 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

HI, your seaview square looks great. Well done!

2:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home