Monday, July 17, 2006

Two Garden Updates


Here's a quick update on the Rose Garden. One more corner to plant with shrubbery and then the fence can be back-stitched. This afternoon I picked up some antique pink Jewel Effects DMC for the rose bushes and gold & crystal Glass Seed Beads which will be added to the fountain and outer garden areas. I must admit I'm a little leary of working with both products as I never have before, so please keep your fingers crossed for me.

Thanks to all of you for dropping by my site and then making such lovely comments. It makes a special project even more special.

Yesterday afternoon I worked on my other garden for a while. Here's a newly completed flower for Grandmother's Flower Garden Quilt. I'm now looking forward to completing at least one of each color soon so that I can figure out what color green will look best as a path. Since there will be so many green hexagons to make it's probably a good idea to start on them as soon as possible.

Tracy, my thriller was just a little TOO thrilling and after about 140 pages I decided to call it quits. Just a bit too much for me I guess. Now I wonder how I ever got through the others.

I'm off to make a cup of coffee for DH & myself (we're still Dutch enough to drink coffee every evening around 8:00 p.m.). There's also some cheese-cake and cherries left from yesterday to have with it - YUM.

7 Comments:

Blogger Leeland said...

What a lovely "quilt" ! I'd never seen such a thing before! I'm impressed!
Your rose garden is stunning already, and I predict you will love the beading! The cachet it gives to a design almost immediately is surprising!
This cheese cake sounds yummy...
Hugs!

2:18 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wow, you're racing through your garden! I'm very curious to hear how you like working with the Light Effects. I bought it in antique black and just packed it as one of my small projects to take along to Maine. Usually I hate metallics, but this looked & felt different. I have my fingers crossed. ;)

Thanks for your kind wishes for our upcoming trip. I'm so excited to get there!

8:20 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Loved the garden quilt. Never done quilting before. And your rose garden is looking good too.

6:31 PM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

OMG I like this one alot. Is the second one crocket ? Try the thread heaven when working with the light effects thread I grantee there will be less head ach for you.

3:53 PM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

Yes I would like a tutoral to that flower..My e-mail link on my blog.

2:58 PM  
Blogger lyssophietje said...

Hi!

I like you're rose garden! And I had a question: where did you get the 'sea view' pattern? It's so cute! I'm sorry if you already mentioned it but I didn't see it anywhere...

Xxx

Mirjam

11:12 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Hi Margaret! I keep checking your blog as well... No new post, but I wanted to thank you for your lovely comments and wishes: you are such a nice and warm person.
Thanks for the book advice, I will look for it!
You kindly asked about my mom: for the moment, as it's the holidays, France is working slowly for two months, so she hasn't seen the neurosurgeon in person yet. My parents are on holiday, and my father is having health issues -not too serious, but painful so he has medicine that make him sleep a lot. Which gives my poor mom lots of time to think... and it's no good for her. Well, that's life. We have to do with it. I just wanted to say how touched I am with your concern. You make a difference in my world. Thanks!
Lots of hugs, Margaret!
Lili

12:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home