Wednesday, August 23, 2006

Wednesday update

First of all I would like to say thankyou to Ali, San, Lili & Katrina. Ali it was so nice of you to take the time and make the effort to find me when I seemed to be unfindable (my blog's URL wasn't posted in my profile). San & Lili thanks for leading Ali to my site. Also Lili thankyou for your kinds words which I'm sure I don't deserve. That same day Katrina posted on her site that she couldn't find me either. Thankyou all for 'finding me'. Friendship like this is so important in life and I hope I may call all of you 'friend'.


Here is an update of my needle roll for Katrina's SAL. Although I started pretty late in the month I have been able to stitch it quite quickly & should have it finished by the 31st. It's a real fun pattern. The mauve to the right of the cats will be removed as its only there so that I can stitch the spiderweb a little more easily. Actually once the webs are done & I've decided whether or not to backstitch around the ghost (the pattern doesn't call for it but I think it might define it a little more) I'll be ready to start completion.

Also near completion is the rose mandala garden. Everything has now been stitched and I hope to get the beading done this coming weekend. Will post a picture as soon as it's finished.

Once both of these projects are done I'll be back down to two - 'Frederick' & MP's 'Greek Church'. I'm starting to feel a little sorry for Frederick as he must be wondering why he's always left to the side when I pick up my stitching. Anyway, Maria & I have promised to get back into our SAL routine in September and even though I dislike the black aida I hope to make some quick progress then.

On the reading front I just started Susan Vreeland's "The Forest Lover", a historical novel about the Canadian artist Emily Carr.

That's all for tonight. Now it's time for coffee & a freshly baked chocolate chip cookie.

15 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

That is so cute, Margaret! :)

12:01 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh, what an adorable Halloween piece!!

1:08 AM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

I like the needle roll. I do not do much Halloween stitching myself. I will have to try a needlroll sometime as I have not done one yet.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Frederick can wait: he has loads of interesting books for a cat to read. lol!!!
I think it's a great idea to backstitch the ghost.
And yes, you deserve each and every nice word, and even more, my friend.
Lots of hugs!

11:44 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

2:55 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Great progress on the halloween piece, Margaret.

2:58 PM  
Blogger msstitch01 said...

Your Hallowwen piece looks great Margaret.

10:11 PM  
Blogger lyssophietje said...

You're needleroll looks great. As Lili already said: I thinks it's a great idea to backstitch the ghost.

I hope you finish rose garden soon so you can update a picture!

About stitching on black aida: someone told me once that if you put something white under it, it's a lot easer and more fun to stitch. Not tried it myself yet but maybe it helps?

Xxx

Mirjam

4:30 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Hey Margaret, lets keep each other motivated to complete our "nearly-finished" projects. Just to let you know I did about 2 hours on my Seed Sampler this morning, just to start as I mean to go on. Hoping that by the end of our long weekend (Monday is a holiday in UK) I will have made good progress. Keep me informed on your projects! Hugs, Ali xxx PS Halloween project is soooo cute ;o)

5:24 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Thank you for your nice wishes, Margaret! We did spend a nice evening, enlightened by your kind words.
Take care, my friend!

4:30 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

Really cute Halloween piece!

7:00 AM  
Blogger nela said...

es hermosoooo me gustaaa

11:07 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Wow that'g gonna be a cute and adorable needleroll.

1:06 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Hiya Margaret - proud of you keeping up the stitching :-) I updated my blog today ... did not do as much as I wanted over the weekend - only a couple of hours, but I am "back on the case" now as I have the week off. Look forward to seeing a progress photo in due course :-) I will post one of my sampler later this week. Hugs Alison xxx

1:23 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

HI Margaret, Your halloween piece is so cute! And I LOVE that garden stitching piece!

6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home