Sunday, October 01, 2006

Sunday update

First of all thanks for all your sweet remarks regarding my lost GFG flower. Although I didn't find it myself you're right - hopefully someone found it & liked it well enough to do something with it.

Friday was a wonderful mail day - two packages with foreign stamps addressed to ME!! Thank you so much Alison http://thesquirrel01.blogspot.com/ for the beautiful 'Cross Stitch Card Shop' magazine. As I wrote you, I'm already choosing patterns from it for Christmas stitching. Bliss http://blissxstitches.blogspot.com/ I want to thank you so much for sending the wonderful 'The Ultimate Margaret Sherry Collection'. It has many adorable patterns which will be such fun to stitch. Much time has already been spent browsing through both & I know they will give me many more hours of pleasure. THANK YOU!!

Not too much stitching done this week. This is a busy time of the year for us as we get our on-line stores ready for Christmas. The coming week will be hectic as well but I do hope to finish Katie Rose's quilt square. Most of the backstitching is done & with a bit of luck I can finish that this afternoon. Then all I have left to stitch is the border with a rose in each corner. That should be very relaxing. I'm sure you noticed something strange about my girl (who I now call KR) and her cat ----- no eyes. Before I tackle those I think I'll practice some French knots on a scrap of Aida as I certainly don't want to mess it up.

Hope everyone had/is having a great weekend & I wish you all a good week.

Almost forgot. For my fellow bookworms - I've just started "The Hungry Tide" by Amitav Ghosh.

16 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

How sweet of Ali and Bliss :)
I love the quilt square you're stitching, it's simply adorable :)

12:09 PM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

She is cute. May I sougest beads for the eye's..

4:12 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

What fun mail to get, I love MS projects. Good luck on the french knots, I can never seem to get them right. I usually end up doing a colonial knot or using a tiny bead instead.

5:03 PM  
Blogger Sachiko said...

Oh~~~!!She is very pretty!

9:19 PM  
Blogger Felicity said...

It was my pleasure to help. I hope you get a lot of pleasure out of your booklet.
'Frederick' is giving you problems? But he's sooo cute! Do you want to do a SAL with me in 2007 or 2008? Hehe ... one session a week. I've been slowing going since 2004. Time he was finished, don't you think?
Bliss

10:21 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Good luck with all your autumn preparations & responsibilities. I think your quilt square is great! :)

1:02 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

What is The Hungry Tide about? I love to read too. Just finished 12 Sharp by Janet Evanovich, very funny. Currently I'm reading Murder Most Frothy, a coffee shop mystery by Cleo Coyle.
Sue

6:46 PM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

I need some practice with them French knots as well. I have yet to do one! Good luck, the square is looking lovely!!!!!

9:26 PM  
Blogger msstitch01 said...

Your quilt square is looking great. Can't wait to see it when it's finished.

10:32 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Hello Margaret - hope your book is a good read! If you are after a real emotional journey, I can recommend Maggie O'Farrell "After You'd Gone". Its beautiful! As for those Hens, I reckon that you are the lovely pink hen on the far left (with the flower and handbag) holding your glass of vino and I am the Purple hen sitting next to you toasting your good health :-D

2:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

How cute your quilt sqaure is!!! And it's always fun to get stuff in the mail, isn't it?

9:27 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

If there are secrets to a great french knot, I would love to hear it! But in the meantime, back to greenhouse 101!

11:12 AM  
Blogger Glenna said...

Hi--just encountered your blog and looked at your pretty projects. I felt sad about the flower, but think how someone's day will be improved if they find it out of the blue!

6:01 PM  
Blogger Crazy X-Stitcher Etc said...

Try to reply to your email...but it bounce back.

I've not started any of the sampler yet...still need to plow thru my UFOs before I reach them. :)

6:27 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

The quilt square for Katie Rose is looking great! I can't wait to see it finished!!

5:17 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Hi Margaret, your quilt square is looking good, probably finish by now and hope the french knot went well. Best wishes.

2:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home