Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Books, Books, Books

Last night when I saw Heidi's message that I had been tagged I thought "Oh no, I'm no good at this!!" When I realized that the tagging concerns one of my favorite passtimes I felt so much better.

To the people I've tagged - I think you too are booklovers and hope you will enjoy sharing with us.


1) One book that changed your life:
"Better Homes & Gardens New Cook Book" received from my dear friend "A" in 1975. Before this I didn't know the first thing about cooking. Now I love it.
2) One book that you’d read more than once:
"De Ontdekking van de Hemel" (The Discovery of Heaven) - Harry Mulisch
3) One book you’d want on a deserted island:
Very difficult to decide!!!! Can't I take a boxfull of favorites? No? Then it would probably be "De Ontdekking van de Hemel"
4) One book that made you laugh:
"To Say Nothing of the Dog" Connie Willis
5) One book that made you cry:
"I Dreamed of Africa" Kuki Gallman
6) One book you wish you’d written:
"De Ontdekking van de Hemel"
7) One book you wish had never been written:
Anything very gruesome.

8) One book you’re currently reading:

"The Time Traveler's Wife" Audry Niffenegger

9) One book you’ve been meaning to read:

"Vanity Fair" William Makepeace Thackeray
10) Tag five people: Ali, Barbara, Felicity, Isabelle, Lili

5 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Okay, this is a tag I can accept! And ... you and I have very similiar tastes in books!

8:31 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

ohh how exciting thank you Margaret - I will take you up on this as I loooooooove books and have at least 2 on the go at any time.

IOU an e-mail!!

Hugs
Alison xxxx

8:55 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Oooooh! I love books too. This is going to take some thought! I'll let you know the results on my Daily Bliss site in a few days.

I also owe you an email.

3:24 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Are you enjoying "the time traveller's wife"?
Love the red witch, and will answer your tag asap.
Lots of hugs!
PS: We saw a few of these Lulu comics adapted as cartoons in France and I was a definite fan. I'm sure Daphné would love it too... very much her kind... lol...

9:14 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

I'm still trying to work out my list. Why did it have to be ONE book? I've spent a life time reading and the last 10 years seriously studying literature and popular culture. Waaa! 'Time Traveller's Wife' was a very interesting read. In the end, I thought the time traveller was a selfish man. He wasted someone else's lifetime. But then again, it was just a book ... sometimes the reader forgets. LOL

2:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home