Friday, October 06, 2006

Mailing Deadlines

November 1 and it's mailing deadlines seemed far away. So far away in fact that I hadn't even started on the projects which are to be sent out that day. Instead I was happily stitching away on Katie Rose's quilt square which isn't due until February 1. This week I was reminded that we are already one week into October and November REALLY is the next month. Oops...time to get my priorities straight. Thank goodness I had already decided on patterns.

For a Christmas tea towel exchange I'm stitching a cute little kitty named Solo. The pattern is from the 50th birthday issue of Cross Stitch Card Shop which Alison sent. (You must compare him to the real live Solo, Alison). This is such a fun & quick stitch that I really didn't mind putting all other things aside until it is finished.



Once Solo is completed I will have to quickly start on a Christmas bread cover which is also due out on the 1st. The Gingerbread Man is from a booklet called "Bake-a-Batch Bread Cloths" by Leisure Arts. This will be my first bread cloth but quite possibly not my last as the booklet has many more cute patterns.

Thanks for all your wonderful comments on the quilt square. It has been such fun to see her come alive. I would show the finished square now if I could.....but it's not finished. I have been practicing french knots & I think "I've got it!!!!!" The big test will come soon & if/when I pass I'll post a picture.

Happy Thanksgiving to all the Canadians - I hope you have a wonderful long weekend. To the Americans - Happy Columbus Day. And to the rest of you wonderful stitching friends - have a great weekend.

15 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

The two pieces you plan to stitch look cute. Hopefully they will go fast and you'll meet the deadline. Funny how those things creep up on us!

1:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your kitty is cute. Hope you make your deadlines.

9:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow, how deadlines come so fast. I too have a christmas ornament exchange and the deadline is Nov 10th and yes, I to have yet to start it. So much to do and so little time. I hope you make your deadlines.

9:42 AM  
Blogger CindyMae said...

I can not believe that next month really is November!!! I just love the two pieces that you are going to be doing for exchanges. Can not wait to see them complete!!

6:36 PM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

It's gonna be a long stretch of holidays here in Malaysia. There's Deepavali and Aidilfitri week after next. The whole nation stops working!

But you know us stitchers, that's when we stitch the most ;)

Happy Thanksgiving!

11:24 PM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

Your delema reminds me that I need to sit down and make a list of to-do for Christmas. Love the kitty and the other two you are planing.

4:19 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Good luck with meeting your deadlines. :)

I just noticed that you have "The Tea Room" in your wish list. I finished this awhile ago and I'd be happy to pass the pattern on to you. You can email me with the link in my profile. Have a great weekend. :)

5:25 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Good luck with your deadline, you're going to be busy. Somehow deadlines just seem to sneak up out of nowhere sometimes. Both projects look like they are going to be very cute, fun stitches.

Looked up Hungry Tide and read the write up, sounds like an interesting book. When you get back to having reading time, let us know how you liked it.
Sue

8:01 AM  
Blogger msstitch01 said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

4:41 PM  
Blogger msstitch01 said...

Hi Margaret,

Too many spelling mistakes in the first post so had to delete it as it was almost too painful.

Your current pieces look great. Deadlines are a pain in the .......
all I can suggest is that you try to take the time to enjoy each and every stitch.

4:43 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Hmm, tried to reply to your posting to me, but the email bounced. It said it was a no-reply email(whatever that is). Yes, I've read secret life of bees, it was great. I got both my mother and DD to read it as well, and they loved it too. I haven't had a chance yet to read her newer one, I think it's The Mermaid's Chair, have you?
Sue

3:44 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Good morning Margaret,

I hope your stitching goes smoothly so you can meet your deadlines. I find I do better work when I have a time line, otherwise I dawdle!

I finished my baby jacket, now to stitch the seams and make the booties!

7:24 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Both pieces are looking good, Margaret. I know the feeling about deadlines, have a couple too which needed to be done before the end of this month and haven't started it yet, instead i am busy with x'mas cards...oh well... goodluck with yours. Best wishes.

2:45 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Well, important and close deadlines, Margaret! I hope they don't cause you too much stress?
It took me some time to master those French knots, and without my friend's explanations, I don't think I could have done it... To thank her, I stitched her an anemone with lots of French knots in the middle lol...
In any case, these deadlines sure explain why Frederick is asleep in the bookshelves...
Take care!

11:28 AM  
Blogger Bea said...

You've done a great work, Margart!

I love them

Congratulations!!

4:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home