Sunday, October 15, 2006

3K's

This past week was very busy but after tomorrow I think the stores will all be set for the Christmas rush. It's always great fun to add all the goodies to the sites and I'll tell you I get pretty hungry for all the Christmas food just from looking at the images. Good way to enjoy food without gaining weight I guess. I did manage to take Wednesday morning off to go to Centennial Quilts. Rather than work on GFG I cross-stitched all morning and was able to make a lot of progress towards the upcoming deadlines.

This morning I finally finished two projects and here they are!!

First of all - "Katie Rose and her Kitty". Please note that they both have eyes. Yes, you're right KR's are not French knots. After I'd made a pretty decent job on the kitty's eyes KR's just wouldn't work. Decisions, decisions - keep on trying and possibly mess up her face or make do with what you now see? OK! OK! the solution is not perfect but I think she looks sweet. This was such a fun pattern to stitch and since I have two more by the same designer I may do another one for a love quilt square next year.

And the third 'K', the cute little kitty Solo. This pattern may not have been my best choice to stitch on a tea towel but I can assure you I tried to keep the back as neat as possible. I spent this morning doing a lot of the back-stitching which was certainly very challenging. The back-stitching part of a project is always such fun because it brings the piece to life but this one was a little different with many long stitches. It had me a little worried as I was working on it but all in all I'm happy with the result.

23 Comments:

Blogger msstitch01 said...

Margaret both of your pieces are stunning. Your stitching is beautiful.

7:27 PM  
Blogger Stitch said...

Hi! Lovely finishes!! :) Congrats! Nice blog too..I think I'll come by more often.....

Happy Stitchin!!

X Stitch X

8:49 PM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Lovely, lovely as always... It's a nice change some times to do smalls, their quick to finish and the result just as satisfying.

9:01 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Lovely stitching, Margaret! Solo the cat is a little fellow I'm itching to stitch...
Thank you for your kind little message on my blog. I have just updated it, at last...
Lots of hugs, dear Margaret!
Lili

1:53 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

Hi Margaret, I just adore Solo!!! He is really cute - didn't you stitch him quickly, there must have been smoke coming out of your needle LOL :-) and also your cute little Girlie and Cat, they are also beautifully finished.

I have sent you a long newsy e-mail today
Hugs Ali xxxx

2:19 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Oh Margaret! Both pieces are just adorable! I can see nothing wrong with either pair of eyes. And aww, that Solo kitty is so cute!! You did a great job!

3:51 AM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

Congrat's on the french knots. The second one I love as well..

4:04 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love both pieces. What a great work. I am glad you were able to get a bunch done. Gives you a feeling of accomplishment. I love it.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Congratulations on your finishes, Margaret! Both are lovely.

5:36 AM  
Blogger Crazy X-Stitcher Etc said...

Solo is such a cutie!! Lovely finishes :)

7:38 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Oh! Margaret, its so sweet and adorable.

7:57 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh, these are wonderful finishes!!!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Both your finishes are adorable! I really love Katie Rose and her kitty.

6:54 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

Both those pieces are so cute. The piece for Katie Rose will look great on her quilt! Love the cat piece too.

8:28 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm really glad to see Kitty Rose has some eyes now. :) The kitty solo is adorable too. :)

7:29 PM  
Blogger Maria said...

Reposting my answer to your comment here, in case you don't see my reply on my journal :-)

"I posted [a photo] a while back, did you see that one? Otherwise it's in my post from October 8th :-)

I haven't done much since when, so no new photos.

What about you? How's Frederick coming along?"

12:14 AM  
Blogger nela said...

felicidades margaret me gusta esta linda, que bello ...

6:06 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Great finishes, Margaret. Well done!! Have a nice weekend.

3:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Both of these are lovely...I especially like Solo...gorgeous :)

1:36 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Both turned out great, but I really love solo, he's adorable. I agree that backstitching adds so much, really making a project pop. However, I really don't like to do it, and have several WIP's that are done except for needing the backstitch portion. Congrats on two such fun finishes.
Sue

4:53 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

You have been nook tagged! Check out my blog.

10:13 PM  
Blogger Katrina said...

both of your finishes are lovely Margaret, the kitty is too cute!

6:07 PM  
Blogger Rachel V said...

Great job on both, Margaret! I know a lot of work went into these. I love that kitty!

Rachel

4:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home