Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Christmas Tea Towel Exchange

Yesterday I finally found out who my partner in Namuelle's Christmas Tea Towel Exchange on San's forum is. It was Namu herself who stitched this delicious looking cake for me.

Let me share what she wrote in the Christmas card she included in the package. "I stitched a cake that we eat for Xmas Eve. It's a 'RELIGIEUSE'. A cake perfect for your hips! A lot of soft cream, some are pink or green." Namu also enclosed some cute Christmas stickers & decorative buttons. Thank you Namuelle, this is a sweet treat.

My exchange was sent to Heather (Bookworm) in Ohio. She has received her package so I can share a picture of the Christmas ornament tea towel I stitched for her.
Now on to one of my other hobbies. Yesterday I discovered that an "Overdue Books Reading Challenge" is being started on http://www.jimnshelle.net/books/archives/003945.html The rules are very simple. You have to choose five books which you presently own and which you will read by January 30, 2007. Your book titles are then posted in the comments section of the challenge. It's so much fun to see what everyone is reading and great to dream about what to buy once you've finished your own five.

This is the challenge for me!! The books I've chosen should give me enough variety in themes to actually accomplish what I set out to do. They are:

"Flying South" Barbara Cushman Rowell

"Winterdance" Gary Paulsen

"The Furies" John Jakes

"The Last Camel Died At Noon" Elizabeth Peters

"Blonde Martijn" Olaf J. De Landell

18 Comments:

Blogger Karen said...

What a very cute cake! The ornament you sent is really cute too. Good luck with your book challenge. :)

4:23 PM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

What a great idea, a tea towel exchange. I wonder if it'll see any use...hmmm... Love the redwork, simple and classy!

5:33 PM  
Blogger Kucki68 said...

Hi Margret,

lovely tea towels, looks like the exchange was fun.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. The socks are knit in self stripping wool, so not a lot of ends to weave in.

Karin

11:58 PM  
Blogger Sean Carter said...

Your tea towel looks simple and elegant!! Wish you luck for the book challenge.

1:48 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Good luck with your book challenge. I'd enjoy it, but it's just too busy right now!

Your exchange photos are great! :)

2:31 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cute tea towel, nice idea.

5:00 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Very lovely exchange towels! And the overdue book exchange sounds like fun.

5:38 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret, where do you find the time? Between stitching exchanges, reading all these books and the holidays just around the corner...whew...I have to sit down just thinking about it! Seriously though, your energy and spirit inspire me! Thanks!

7:30 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

very nice exchanges Margaret, both given and received. what a cool idea for the book challenge :)

12:37 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Both projects are lovely. I like the look of redwork, and also blackwork, but I don't have the patience for it as I hate to backstitch. I really admire anyone that can stick with it long enough to do a whole project of it.

The books sound like fun. I'm not familar with a couple, but I like Elizabeth Peter's work, and isn't the John Jakes one from his series a while ago (I think it was called the Americans or something like that). I remember reading that series and finding it so interesting.
Sue

5:12 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Hi Margaret, I just wanted to say Hi, and let you know that I am trying blogging again with a new blog instead of the other one(Needle and Thread). I hope I do better at blogging this time. :-) Also, the tea towel exchange is such a wonderful idea. I loved the one you stitched, and the cake one you received is so cute.

9:48 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Lovely heart!!!
I will follow this book challenge from far: I stitch too late and then I need to sleep... Pathetic: I hardly read a novel a fortnight! I never ever thought it would happen to me... Are you supposed to make a book review?
Well, I think you'd better stop reading this comment and go back to your stitching and novel reading!
Lots of hugs!

5:04 AM  
Blogger Janice said...

Hi Margaret! Thank you for checking up on me!! That was so kind of you! I am fine but have been very busy lately. I think things are finally back to normal around here! lol Thank you again, Janice

6:07 AM  
Blogger Rachel V said...

lovely exchange!

6:44 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Love the tea towel and the redwork-both are lovely.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

A great exchange indeed. Both the tea towels are equally sweet and lovely. Good luck with your book challenge.

12:41 AM  
Blogger nela said...

Margaret: Ali this good? I have day that not of her?

4:26 PM  
Blogger nela said...

Margaret, If something of Ali I let now myself to you, thanks for your good desires of my health, I am not well, rather complicates to me of health I have acute bronchitis… but the life is necessary to smile to him… Ali worries… will look for to me where I have kept his I telephone to see if tomorrow of her I am not called to him…

6:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home