Saturday, March 31, 2007

March Finishes

Thank you all for your kind remarks about our Hawaiian cruise pictures as well as your good wishes when DH & I came down with the flu upon return. We are both fine again and enjoying the wonderful spring weather.

Hopefully everyone has been enjoying their spring stitching as much as I have. For me March has been such a fun stitching month with two gifts completed.

The first finish is needle-book stitched for my dear friend Brenda. It was so nice to be able to give it to her in person and see her reaction. At the top it says "Forget Me Not" (very appropriate since DH & I hope to move and I certainly want B to remember me and our good times together). The bottom says: "Heart and Hand Will Never Part 'Heart' to my Friend".

The pattern is a free design from Hands to Work which I fell in love with the moment I spotted it at http://www.daisystitches.com/ On the back cover I stitched a freebie pattern by Meridel Abrams.

The needlebook is stitched 1 over 1 on 25 ct white Lugana with Morning Glory Sampler Threads from The Gentle Art. This is my first time stitching with their floss and I love its subtle variegations as well as the fact that they don't seem to tangle as easily as DMC & Anchor.

The second gift is 'The Tea House' which I will be sending to my nephew's wife. She has many creative hobbies including cross-stitching, weaving and cardmaking and is always making things for others. I remember a number of years ago she was making cards using folded teabags so I think she will enjoy this.

This coming week I hope to try out my newly acquired mounting & framing techniques on this piece. Thankfully I'll be able to get advice from the woman who taught us as I'm still a bit hesitant about my ability to get it right.

For the 'Tea Room' fans out there - have you seen the newest CCN pattern 'La Boutique' http://www.countrycottageneedleworks.com/new.html? Love it!!!

I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend. I'll be back next week with some more updates including the most adorable 'Easter Parade'.

April 2 - PS: Rachel just let me know that the 'Hands to Work' freebie is no longer available on the Daisy Stitches site.

16 Comments:

Blogger Kitty Couture said...

The needlebook is beautiful, Margaret! And so is the Tea Room. What thoughtful gifts.
Off to check out that new LHN now. Thank you for the heads up.
Have a nice Sunday!

11:35 PM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

There's a number of blogs where stitchers are attempting 1 over 1 and with much success. I tried a little with 28ct but it was just too much for the old eyes :( Would 25ct be easier you think? How's the coverage?

12:52 AM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

The gifts you stitched are sure to bring smile to there faces.
Thanks for the comment you left on my blog.

4:36 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Needlebook turned out lovely, and the Tea Room is great. I really like that one, and I agree that La Boutique is adorable (love the blues and the little dog). Both of these patterns are on my need to get list.
Sue

10:20 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Lovely gift finishes, Margaret!!

8:35 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Oh, I'm sure Brenda will definitely cherish this needlebook, Margaret! How thoughtful of you! It is stunning, on top of it!
So is the tea room... Oh my, and I've seen the boutique too...
Wonderful gifts stiched with love, the recipients are blessed.
Looking forward to seeing this Easter parade...
Lots of hugs!
Lili

12:40 AM  
Blogger Rachel V said...

Wonderful finishes, Margaret! Thanks for the link to the freebie; this would make a sweet gift for a stitching friend who lives far away.

The Tea Room turned out beautifully!

I can't wait to see your Easter Parade.

8:40 AM  
Blogger Rachel V said...

Margaret, I'm having trouble finding that freebie on Daisy Stitches. Can you tell us on which part of the website you found it? Thanks! Again, great work.

8:45 AM  
Blogger nela said...

Hi Margaret, several things, a embroidery tape design and cross stitch for Ina, the cat cancer of the calendar of the year last of Margaret Sherry in sal with Laura, good that is what I have now here, in Bogota as embroidered of trip, in house I have others in parallel. like finishing the cats for the marriage gift…
kisses nela from Bogota

4:30 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret, your needle-book is so dear. I love the soft blues and the subtle shading. Lucky Brenda!

Good luck with your framing...I'd love to see some photos when you get the chance to update your post.

8:12 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

They are all great. I'm sure the gifts will be appreciated. I really liked The Tea Room especially, I love the colors in it. Great job on them.

4:42 PM  
Blogger lena-lou said...

You are very old being 250 ;-)) and I am so delighted to read you can still manage 1/1 your needlebook is stunning and I love the colours of The Tea Room. You have a very nice blog and many thanks for coming to visit mine, it is so nice to 'meet' you

5:01 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Love the needlebook. Tea Room is simply beautiful. Yes! La Boutique is equally stunning, loved the design and its colors.

2:01 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Your needlebook turned out great! The Boutique is absolutely adorable!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Beautiful March finishes!

1:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love all of your March finishes :-)
You do wonderful work!

5:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home