Friday, April 13, 2007

For Chloe

Just a short post to show you the 'Watering Can' for Chloe's Love Quilt.

Chloe is 4 1/2 years old and suffers from Pre- B cell Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia. She is the sweetest little girl
http://lovequilts2007children.homestead.com/ChloeS.html and loves butterflies and flowers.

The pattern is a freebie from http://www.dmc-usa.com/ When I bought the DMC floss I needed, mostly their newer colors, and put them beside one another I wasn't thrilled with the combination. However, when I started to stitch it all seemed to come together and I am pleased with the result. This was such a fast stitch as I needed Aida 11 ct to make it come out large enough. What a change from stitching 1/1 on 25 ct.

Have a great weekend everyone.

10 Comments:

Blogger Barb said...

What a cute square for Chloe. I'm sure she'll love it on her quilt!

2:32 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Very pretty, the colors and the butterflys are lovely. I'm sure she'll treasure it.
Sue

6:54 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

I see what you mean. You've done a great job (and yes, what a change in fabric counts! Lol!!!) and you're supporting a great cause.
Take care, Margaret.
Lili

5:43 AM  
Blogger Namuelle said...

Margaret, you're so kind with this cute girl...I'm sure that these butterflies will bring her colors in her heart and be stronger against her illness !.
hugs margaret !

10:22 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Chloe will love it and it'll bring lots of smiles to all who see it. :)

11:08 AM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

An awsume block & I bet she will love it.

4:09 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

It is very pretty-I know she will love it!

9:47 AM  
Blogger Name: Vicki said...

You did a good job on the square for Chloe. I also did that pattern for a child at Quilts4Kids. I was like you and wasn't too sure about the colors. But it really turns out pretty, doesn't it! Thanks for leaving a comment on my blog!

2:39 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Such a pretty square for Chloe's quilt!! She will love it!

7:53 AM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats your quilt square looks lovely

3:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home