Saturday, April 14, 2007

High Hopes

Yes I have high hopes - high hopes of finishing my current WIPs by the end of 2007. Thank you Bliss and Lili for spurring me on.

Lili http://anothercrossstitchaddict.blogspot.com/and I are both plugging away at LV Christmas tree. When mine wasn't finished by the end of 2006 I put it away thinking I had lots of time before Christmas 2007. Lili did continue putting her stitches in and three weeks ago I felt it was high time to join her again. To my horror I discovered I hadn't approached this project in a smart way. Rather than stitching in mirror image I started on the left side of the tree working down. I'm now working on the right side and so far have found only one mistake on the left which was easy to duplicate on the right. What do you say Lili - finish sititching and beading by November 30 so that it will be ready to display by Christmas?

And then there's Frederick. Bliss http://blissxstitches.blogspot.com/ and I SAL away on this on Tuesdays. That is - when we have the time and inspiration!! Last week she suggested we set a deadline on this finishing - December 31. Excellent idea Bliss!! This week I've managed to work on him most evenings and even though I've had to frog several times I feel I'm making progress.


Can you blame me for having high hopes with such good intentions and friends who will see this through with me?

Now you're wondering if I've gone completely mad and will not be starting new projects before the end of the year. You should know me better than that. I do have a new project and started it at our SP stitching day last Wednesday. For now it will be my Wednesday project and what do you think it's called? Right you are - 'High Hopes' http://www.justnan.com/jn118.html

Isn't this the sweetest little garden you have ever seen? I fell in love with it when I first discovered it at SP and immediately ordered it. When DH & DS picked it up for me in December they also brought home the cute Bird Bath Charm. I'm stitching 1/2 and 1/1 on 28 ct mushroom evenweave.

29 Comments:

Blogger stitcherw said...

They all three are lovely and would be fun to work on. Also, since are different styles, it will be nice to be able to rotate among them to have the different colors and fabrics and all.

Good luck on getting them done by the end of the year, with your SAL buddies it should certainly help.
Sue

5:07 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret - I have Fredrick in my stash....but I've been swamped with other projects! Too many goodies not enough time! Keep it up - you inspire me!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

The tree is looking good - congrats on your progress so far!

6:26 PM  
Blogger BeckySC said...

Your progresses are looking great!
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

7:11 PM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

So glad you're picking up your WIPs again and with couple of encouraging friends you can't but help finish them this year! I'll be rooting for you too.

I love High Hope, lovely colours, it's so beautiful. 1/1 hmmm... :)

7:19 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Those are great WIPS to focus on! Good luck!

12:01 AM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

Assume WIP. It's always good to have a Friend to encourage you along the way..

4:11 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

OOOOh that tree is really cute!
I still haven't managed to stitch any of Fred this week, but it's looking hopeful for next week. LOL I'm back working on the Love sampler. I got worried for a while there that I wasn't going to finish it at all. Thanks for the stitching vibes. They were most welcome.

Alberta, drag out Fred. It's lovely and it's easy to stitch.

5:25 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

You've got your work cut out for you! Good luck with all of your deadlines. It's great that you've pulled out your WIPs. I absolutely love High Hopes! :)

8:19 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Deal for the tree! Thanks Margaret, I like this set goal. Your tree is so beautiful, you make me want to start mine over again with the same colour...
Frederick is coming along fine as well...
This new high hopes project looks real good!
I love stitching one on one... when the fabric is not too high count, that is...
Take care, my friend.
Lili

11:37 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Wow! I loved that bird bath.
Lovely work in progress you've got there and all are looking good.

11:17 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Hi, all progress are looking great and wow! I love the Just Nan, it's so beautiful!

1:21 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

SO nice!!! I love the M designs tree :) Lovely color! The sweet little kitty :) And your new WIP...very nice Margaret!!

4:53 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Your WIP's look great, Margaret. I'm sure you will get them done by the end of the year.

5:26 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

nice progress on your wip's-you will finish before you know it!

10:51 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth Braun said...

Oh, I LOVE Frederick the Literate! Also any bird designs, so you have some great WIPs right now!

1:29 AM  
Blogger Elizabeth MacGregor-Kirkcaldy said...

Beautiful WIP's Margaret... :-) I know you'll finish them by the end of the year with your SAL friends and the rest of us cheering you on! High Hopes is gorgeous and I look forward to following your progress...

10:57 AM  
Blogger Barb said...

All three are great pieces. You can finish Frederick by end of the year. I know you can. He's looking great so far.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Margaret - your stitching is looking wonderful! I feel guilty for neglecting my stitching WIP :( but I'm afraid it is a very low priority at the moment, but I know I'm not going to sleep until its done so maybe i should just bite the bullet and get it done. :)
Thanks for visiting us and leaving comments, I posted some Blue Lake pics for you today.
Have a great Sunday - and keep on stitching, x0x0x

4:10 AM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

Glad you liked the pattern hope you enjoy. Thanks for the complement and comment.

4:30 AM  
Blogger Denisa Baltazar said...

Hi... I passed here for only announcing that in my Blog it has new things and that I am waiting its visit!
Its blog is pretty! Congratulations!
It has an excellent week!
Kissis for Nisa! ( BRAZIL)

12:54 PM  
Blogger Denisa Baltazar said...

Hi Margaret...
Very obliged for its visit in my blog. You it is very gentile.
It is the will pear to visit when to desire.
Good week!!

4:20 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

Oh wow! This is a great idea. I love the Christmas tree. Thank you for your kind words on my blog. Hopefully I'll make some progress on some WIPs too.

5:26 PM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

Oh, nice progress on your WIP's! I am going to enjoy watching them grow!! It looks like you are set to have them finished with your rotation goals and stitching buddies.

7:57 AM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Lovely stitching. Thanks for your comment on mine! xx

9:38 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

Margaret,
Thanks for your visit to my blog and your comments. It's nice to meet a new stitching friend! Good luck with your new WIPs. They look so pretty!
Deb in FL
LavenderRose

3:07 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Good luck on getting all your projects done this year!

3:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your blog and your work is lovelly! Congrats!!have a good week!

12:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi!!!Thanks to visit my blog!The little feets are from my friends baby boy. I donĀ“t have children yet.Have a good day! Kisses!

6:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home