Sunday, July 01, 2007

Sunday update

It's another sunny Sunday in Las Vegas and after reading everyone's blog this weekend, and hopefully leaving all of you a comment, it's time to sit down and bring you up to date on life here.

The past week has been very busy (workwise) but I did manage to stitch with friends at our local LNS on Wednesday and actually got quite a bit of cross-stitching done in the evenings as well. Like many of you I am also re-reading HP in anticipation of the final instalment. I'm only on "The Prisoner of Azkaban" at the moment so have a lot of reading to do by the 21st (you are right, there is no way I'll be ready in time).

All my stitching since the finish of Round 1 of Fair and Square has been concentrated on the SALs. I had hoped to have all the red books finished on Frederick by the end of June but as you can see I didn't manage to do that. Now I'm hoping to finish his leg and tail this coming Tuesday. So sorry for the crummy picture - he just doesn't seem to scan well.


And now the first showing of "Autumn in my Garden". Brenda and I will be stitching on her every Monday and Thursday evening and this week treated ourselves to working on her all weekend as well. What a wonderful pattern this is to stitch. It is one of those designs which becomes addictive and I have a hard time putting her away at night.


Once the 4th of July has come and gone I plan to start on some small projects which I've been planning for a while. They are always such fun to do and holding a small piece of fabric for a change is nice too.

This afternoon DH and I are going to see "Shrek The Third". They say it's not as good as the first two - will let you know. I would also like to see "Ratatouille" which I think must be hilarious.

That's it for today. For my Canadian friends have a wonderful Canada Day and to all the American friends have a happy 4th.

PS: We thoroughly enjoyed the movie - certainly just as entertaining as Shrek 1 & 2.

23 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

I'll be waiting for your review of Shrek III - we're thinking of taking the whole family, which is quite the financial outlay. ;)

Your WIPs look great. :)

10:11 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Look forward to see more of Autumn in my Garden!! It's the only one in this series I don't have (yet)... :o) Spring is my favourite!
As for your comment, just keep an eye on it. It's with Tessa now (http://tessaceleste.blogspot.com) and once she is finished with the chart, it will probably be up for grabs again!! Hope you get it!

10:38 AM  
Blogger Juls said...

Love the progress picture!!! I have her in my stash as well...no surprise there :). Have fun at the movie! I plan to stitch outside today.....but the heat may change that.....see you on the 11th at SP!!!!!

10:44 AM  
Blogger Katrina said...

Hi Margaret, sounds like your having a lovely weekend and I hope you enjoyed Shrek 3, I'm hoping to see sometime soon.

also, I tried sending you an email regarding the DMC threads but it was returned to me. Could you please email me? Many thanks. katrinarosser@xtra.co.nz

3:53 PM  
Blogger Karin said...

Great progress - can't wait to see more

8:58 PM  
Blogger lena-lou said...

My little DS has seen Shrek and he loved it, I think we will all go to the pictures to see it :)
Love the blocks for the quilt squares sent and received and what a fabulous start on your new project. Frederick is coming along well too :)

Thank-you so much for the such lovely comment you left on my blog, it quite made my day :)
Enjoy the 4th July celebrations and have a fantastic week!

3:08 AM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

Love how Fredric is looking & I hope you and the family have a great 4th of July.

4:10 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I personally thought Shrek III was better than Shrek II. I don't think you can ever top a premier...so....I really did like it tho' hope you enjoyed it too!
I think your projects are wonderful and Frederick is gorgeous!
Happy 4th!

5:15 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Frederick is looking great, Margaret! :)

5:56 AM  
Blogger AnnMcD said...

I saw an interesting show on TV last night about water conservation in Las Vegas. Then today I read on your blog that you are from there. What a vibrant exciting city and certainly in the forefront of recycling water ! Way to go!

I love Autumn in my Garden and will be watching your progress.

7:03 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

You've done an amazing job on the lady's hair! Is Brenda working on the same part as you?
Frederick is coming along, hold on, Margaret! lol!!!
I love small project most of all because you don't have a huge fabric to handle...
It's nice to see that Shrek III is good finally. Critics are people whose opinion I just don't trust...
I hope you're not too hot in Vegas. Here, it's raining and pouring and it's cold... Though the sun is not a friend of my pale skin, I miss it...
Take care!
Lili

8:29 AM  
Blogger Renee said...

Friendly hugs to you dear Barbara. It's so amazing for me to know somebody in Las Vegas!!! Barbara (who wroteyour first comment on this post) is also reading HP books to be ready for the new issue. In France we have to wait much longer to have the translation.

12:54 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

We dropped our kids to see Shrek 3 the other weekend and they've enjoyed it. They didn't say any comparison, i mean which one is better.
Hope you've enjoyed it too.
Your progress are going great.
Have a nice week.

1:31 PM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

Both looks great!

8:07 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

It is fun watching Fredrick develope, and Autumn is looking lovely as well, nice progress.

I haven't seen Shrek 3 yet, but DD and I did go to see Ratatouille and it was great, really made us laugh.
Sue

8:56 AM  
Blogger Carol said...

Both of your WIPS look wonderful!!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Fantastic progress on both projects!

7:44 PM  
Blogger Sue said...

xcLove the kitty piece and your new Mirabilia start looks wonderful ;)

7:50 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Great progress! You'll like shrek the third, its a cute movie and I had to laugh through most of it. :)

11:00 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Nice progress on your wip's-I espcially love the autumn in my garden.

6:41 AM  
Blogger The Silver Thistle said...

I've been following 'Frederick'and he's coming along great!

Can't wait to see Shrek III

1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the way Frederick is looking!

By the way, you've been tagged! I hope you'll play and list 8 facts/habits about yourself on one of your blogs. You can read mine on my Angela's Gift Nook blog. Have a great day!

10:22 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Freddie is looking great! And I love Autumn in my Garden and look forwards to watching your progress.

5:34 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home