Saturday, June 09, 2007

Tomorrow I'll Blog

Things have been hectic around here since I last posted and although I've often thought "tomorrow I'll blog" it has taken until now for tomorrow to arrive.

Last weekend DH and I were in Atlanta for a conference for online store owners. We took the redeye on Wednesday arriving in Atlanta at 6:00 am. By 7:00 am we were checked in to our hotel and actually very tired (not much sleep on the plane plus a 3 hr time difference). We went out for breakfast and then decided we might as well take a short nap in order to enjoy the rest of our ‘free’ day. Up again at 11:00 and feeling very refreshed we set off on a short tour of Atlanta. We visited Olympic Park, the Coca Cola museum store (outrageous prices), the CNN studios where we took a fantastic tour (it is great to watch the newscasts now with the knowledge that you’ve been there), and the State Capital building which is very impressive. By that time it was late afternoon and although there were many other things we would have loved to see we felt it was enough for one day. The following three days were very intense with lectures & presentations from 8:45 am till around 6:15 pm. After that we would freshen up in our room and head out for a relaxing meal. Atlanta has some great restaurants and we enjoyed some fabulous food & wine. Sunday we flew home at 10:00 pm ET and drove into our garage around 12:30 PT.

This past week has been spent in catching up on work & sleep. But now it's weekend and time for some stitching updates.

This is the lovely birthday gift I received from my dear friend Brenda. I'm afraid my image does not do proper justice to this pretty snowflake. It is stitched with sparkley white floss (we all know how time-consuming that is) on dusky blue linen. She's even had it framed in a sparkley white frame. You may remember that B & I are stitching to decorate seasonal walls and this adorable snowflake will always have a very special place on my Christmas wall. I love it B!!


Welcome to the Tuesday Frederick SAL 'Berta http://busyhandshappyheart.blogspot.com/ Bliss and I are happy that you have joined us in our journey. I've managed to run out of two of the flosses and although Dimensions offers to send them I was lucky to have some help from an SP friend who knows that Dimensions floss is based on Anchor, so I'm taking the easy road and just replacing it myself. I don't know if I would do this with any other pattern but with all the small color areas the dyelot differences should be no problem.


And a finish - "High Hopes" by Just Nan . What a wonderful pattern this is and what an absolute gem to stitch. Helen you must re-start it and stitch 1/2 as I think you will love the result. I still have to attach the fountain charm and find a discreet spot for my initials and the year.


I'm sorry if this post is going on and on and will certainly try to write more often so that I don't have so much to tell and possibly bore you to tears.

For those of you who haven't heard about it please visit Fair and Square http://fairsquares.blogspot.com/ which Annemarie http://wackywanderings.blogspot.com/ and Vonna http://thetwistedstitcher.blogspot.com/ have organized and are hosting. Thank you so much ladies. When we returned home from Atlanta an email was awaiting me with the name of my exchange partner so I immediately started looking for just the right pattern for Donna. I think I've succeeded and am now busily stitching away on this fun project.

A special note to Gail (MS Stitch)
. It was so good to hear from you Gail as I've missed reading your posts. Thank you for your birthday wishes. I'm so sorry you were receiving inappropriate emails and can understand why you stopped blogging. Hopefully you'll be back soon and otherwise perhaps we can talk via email.

There's more to tell about projects which have been kitted and are ready to start but I think I'll leave that until next time. Now it's time for me to visit all of you.

Have a good weekend everyone.

17 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Hi Margaret - good to 'see' you! :) I've also had a hard time keeping up the last week or so. Hey, your WIPs and finish look GREAT!!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Thanks for the warm welcome to Fred's SAL. I'm happy to have the encoursagement along the way. I must admit I am enjoying the beautiful colours of the books.

Sounds like Atlanta was an interesting place to visit, especially the CNN tour!

Enjoy the weekend!

5:20 PM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Goo dto hear from you again Margaret! Love the Just Nan finish! and Frederick is coming along fine :)

6:17 PM  
Blogger Renee said...

Is it you or your husband or both who run an online store? It's funny because last week I also spent 2 days for a book keeping formation concerning my new online cross stitch store http://latelierdelacolombe.com
You'll not undersantd the text but maybe you enjoy the photos.
Grilles mean charts
kit is kit like in English.

4:05 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Glad you had a good trip, and what wonderful pictures you posted. The Snow piece is lovely, and Fredrick is making such headway. I agree with all the color shifting in it that you shouldn't have a problem substituting with the anchor floss. High Hopes turned out lovely, congratulations on such a beautiful finish.
Sue

7:32 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I love your Just Nan finish-it's lovely! Congrats. Your wip's look wonderful. Sounds like you had a good trip. The CNN tour sounded really interesting.

7:43 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Glad to see you back, Margaret.

Your WIP is progessing beautifully. Can't wait to see finishe piece and the finished piece is just so pretty.

8:13 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

I really like your Just Nan finished. It's beautiful. And Frederick is looking good.
Have a nice week.

1:59 AM  
Blogger Juls said...

Your finish looks wonderful! And so glad you are safely back from Atlanta! Unfortunately I'm working this wednesday so I won't be at SP :( See you soon!

11:02 AM  
Blogger Mary Ann said...

It's good to see you back.

Such a pretty birthday present! High Hopes is a beautiful finish and Frederick is looking great!!

2:41 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

High Hopes looks beautiful, Margaret! Congratulations on a wonderful finish!!

5:20 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

I love your Just Nan finish, it is really pretty.

1:59 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Welcome back Magaret, it sounds like you had a good trip. Nice birthday gifts you have. I loved that finish. It's so pretty. Frederick is looking great. Looking forward to seeing more of your progress on that one.

6:45 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

No wonder Brenda's gift will always be treasured! I can imagine the final effect in real: it must be a gem!
Your High Hopes finish is so beautiful! As I've already said, your lovely stitching one on one is so inspiring...
Shame on Dimensions for not providing enough threads! They're not the only ones to make mistakes with their kits, I can quote DMC as well. This really made me angry. Just for the principle...
Anyway... nice to see that your red eye flight didn't take all the courage from you so you could visit and enjoy.
Take care!
Lili

1:21 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Lovely b-day gift... congrats on your finish!

5:12 PM  
Blogger msstitch01 said...

Thanks for the kind comment Margaret. I have started a new blog that you can see from my profile.

8:18 PM  
Blogger lena-lou said...

Margaret I hope I wished you a very Happy Birthday, if not I do now with all best wishes for your next year :)
I love your HH and will definately do it the same as you when I re-start, it looks gorgeous!

3:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home