Sunday, August 19, 2007

Tossing for Annemarie

Although I really should be writing a nice long post to let you know what I've been stitching I just can't seem to find the energy at the moment. It's not that I haven't been stitching but the progress on the SALs are nothing to write home about and the small things I've been working on I want to keep secret until they arrive.

I kept on asking myself what I could post and show so that you at least know I'm alive and kicking. Suddenly the idea hit me. When we were stitching our first Fair & Square round Annemarie showed us her toss and I thought that was great - information given but no secrets revealed. Well.........now that I'm stitching for Annemarie in Round 2 I just couldn't resist being a copycat (hope you don't mind). So here it is:


The linen is a 32 ct natural and the floss colors are: DMC 316, 500, 501, 833, 902, 924, 926, 950, 3726 and 3768. In case you would like a hint about what I am stitching I'll tell you that the design made me think of Annemarie's occupation (far-fetched idea perhaps but I guess I'm good at those). There is one color in the toss which may give you a hint about the theme of the square.

16 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh my goodness, a project that makes you think of translators? I am afire with curiousity! Great colors, btw!

8:41 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Love the toss Margaret ;)

9:31 AM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Heehee, thanks for showing this, Margaret. What a great idea of mine this is! LOVE the colours, by the way. I see you've been doing my homework. Though I cannot for the life of me imagine what you are planning to stitch for me. Watch out for a floss toss in my next blog post!

1:20 PM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

I meant to say I see you've been doing YOUR homework, not mine, obviously....

1:21 PM  
Blogger Juls said...

Great colors! Can't wait to see more!Although I haven't a clue??
Maybe we'll bump into each other at SP on wednesday! Thanks for the wonderful birthday card!!!!

2:15 PM  
Blogger Glenna said...

Ooooo, I love a mystery....

5:14 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Great idea, Margaret! Oh and Annemarie too. We always feel the need to add a picture in our posts, don't we. So why not a little hint of what we are doing? And now you have our tweaked our curiosity too!

5:09 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

I think the toss looks great!

6:11 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

What lovely colours and linen. A great idea too. xx

12:51 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

The colours are really lovely... I'm quite curious -as a former translator- to see what you've come up with...

9:28 AM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Oooh grat flossies! Sometimes its hard to find the energy to blog... or just what to write about. I tend to hold onto things like questions I've been asked or SBQ's and use those for the days I feel like I should blog but have nothing to blog about!

8:27 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Interesting...am curious too !!!
BTW lovely colors

1:21 AM  
Blogger lena-lou said...

What a tease you are ;-)) LOL
Have a nice weekend!

2:03 AM  
Blogger nela said...

Hello margaret. it does not matter you do not write in Spanish I I understood very well to you, if also I am glad that to amy it liked its purse, and that Ali volvçio? I am going to see immediately, on my vacations. jejejeje is not vacations, I am living in Bogota… since my husband does not return. I am days and others in maracaibo there. between 10 degrees and 38 degrees of temperature I hope not to become ill… today I am in maracaibo. estare days and will return to Bogota. on my course he is brilliant the beautiful things of manualidades of that country. this week will publish a message on embroiderings. kisses and greetings
alemán a francésalemán a inglésárabe a inglés BETAchino a inglés BETAchino (simplificado a tradicional) BETAchino (tradicional a simplificado) BETAcoreano a inglés BETAespañol a inglésfrancés a alemánfrancés a inglésinglés a alemáninglés a árabe BETAinglés a chino (simplificado) BETAinglés a chino (tradicional) BETAinglés a coreano BETAinglés a españolinglés a francésinglés a italianoinglés a japonés BETAinglés a portuguésinglés a ruso BETAitaliano a inglésjaponés a inglés BETAportugués a inglésruso a inglés BETA
Proponer una traducción

9:04 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Can't even make a guess at what you'll stitch, but the colors you've selected look gorgeous.
Sue

12:29 PM  
Blogger Aussie Stitcher said...

MMMM what will it be, come on give us some more clues!!! HEHE

Joanne

12:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home