Sunday, September 09, 2007

A proper post!!

First of all I want to thank you all so much for your comments on "Happiness is...". Only true friends would take the time to react to such a silly post. I was just so happy that Fred 'himself' was finally completed - thank you for taking the time to celebrate with me.

My goodness that was quite a statement at the bottom of my last post: 'A proper post is currently in the making'. And where is this post you ask yourself? Started.....re-started.....DELETED!! So let's start over again and let me bring you UTD.

From August 20 - 24 we had company from British Columbia. Lina and I met many years ago when we were both working in Winnipeg, Manitoba and boarding with the same lady. All through the years we've kept in touch and she has actually visited us in each home we have lived in (LV is #7). After driving down to Monterey for a nephew's wedding she drove over to see us for a few days. We had a good time and did a lot of chatting and stitching. We also managed a day trip to The Valley of Fire which is absolutely gorgeous and certainly not something people expect to find when they think of the Las Vegas area. Actually it only takes us half an hour to drive to this great State Park. Here's a peak at a few things you can see while visiting The Valley of Fire.

- The Beehives -

and

- Petroglyps -

I had been feeling tired prior to Lina's visit and it just got worse during and after her stay. Well of course there had to be a reason and a visit to the doctor on the 29th indicated a urinary tract infection. "Oh well" I thought "now I know what the problem is all I have to do is take five days of antibiotics and I'll be right as rain again." Are you getting the feeling that this is not what happened? I will spare you the details but let it suffice to say that I had a very bad allergic reaction (inside and out) to the anti-biotics and although the doctor assured me that this is not abnormal I have been having a rough time. The cure truly left me sicker than the infection. Thank goodness I am one of those lucky women who has been blessed with a wonderful and caring DH. I don't know where I would be without him. Today I feel much better & hopefully the worst is finally over.

But enough of that - let's get down to the fun things in life - some stitching news.

This past Friday my Fair Square for Annemarie started on its journey. Personally I'm pleased with the result and I think (hope) she will be too. Once she has received it I'll post a picture and you can either guess what the theme is or if you don't feel like it I will let you know. Now comes the exciting part of checking the mailbox for my square from Annemarie. It has been such fun getting to know her a little better and realizing how close we lived to one another in The Netherlands is pretty special. Don't forget to drop by the exchange site http://fairsquares.blogspot.com/ now and in the coming days so you can see all the great squares as they arrive and are posted. Thanks for everything Vonna & Annemarie!!!

For several days when I was at my worst all I did was sleep & I certainly didn't have the energy to pick up needle and thread but thankfully the desire to stitch came back. I wasn't quite ready to tackle Fred on his black aida or Autumn so went searching for a simpler WIP to work on. Of course that wasn't too hard to find. 'Mooning' is ideal for stitching when your eyes don't focus properly. With it's bold colors and 2/2 on 25 count Lugana you can even manage a lot of the stitching without the OTT-Lite. This afternoon I finished this sweet little Halloween piece. IRL the colors are much bolder than they appear in the image.

'Mooning' from Silly Snobs Designs

Enough for today. No promises of a quick post this time but I do hope to write again very soon. In the meantime have a good week everyone.

27 Comments:

Blogger Leeland said...

Oh my! I thought your silence was due to an overload of work! Silly me... I'm so sorry that you had to go through an allergy to antibiotics. I suffer from a Quincke when I take penicillins so I can imagine the situation... When we feel miserable, wonderful caring husbands are the best remedy...
Your mooning is so beautiful! And the pics of the Valley of Fire are stunning. Thanks for sharing!
I'll write an email soon, my friend.
Lots of hugs,
Lili

11:57 PM  
Blogger Barbara J said...

Glad to know you're feeling better. Nice finish there. Take care!

2:25 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Oh gosh, I am so sorry to hear of your bad reaction to antibiotics! I do wish doctors would make the possible side effects more clearly known, especially if your reaction 'isn't uncommon'! Thank goodness your DH is such a wonderful man (and you deserve no less, of course!).

I'm glad you're feeling a bit better and that you enjoyed a nice visit with a dear friend before you became so ill. I hope that the upcoming weeks will see you feeling better & better. :)

2:48 AM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Yikes Margaret, it sounds like you had a pretty rough time of it. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that you'll be back to your old self soon.
You live in a wonderful part of the world, by the way. It's true that you don't think of Las Vegas as being surrounded by such stunning scenery. I'm glad you had such a nice visit from your friend.
Love the Silly Snobby Kitties! Do I detect a cat theme going on here?

4:54 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Sorry to hear you had such a rough time, Margaret. Its times like that that truly make us appreciate good health...and good husbands. I'm thankful to be blessed by both!

I'm looking forwards to seeing your squares for Annemarie :-D

5:25 AM  
Blogger Von said...

Awful to hear that you've had such a terrible time recovering from your infection and antibiotic. What a blessing to have a caring dh to help you thru it. :)

Love seeing the pics from your part of the country. S. Utah and environs is tops in my book and I really want to get back down there with my younger kids to show them God's spectacular handiwork!

7:43 AM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

Those kitties are adorable!! ((hugs))

7:48 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret...this is supposed to be an enjoyable hobby...so stitch when you can! There really isn't any time limits except the ones we put on ourselves.

Sounds like you had a blast with travel & visitors despite not being in the best of health. I hope by the time you read this, you are well on the mend!

Take care!

8:22 AM  
Blogger Myrna said...

Mooning is adorable! I love anything that has a black cat in it...

Glad you are feeling better...

8:56 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

I'm so sorry to hear that you were ill. Very glad to hear you're getting better though. :)

Those pictures are absolutely beautiful! You sure do live in a beautifal area.

Mooning is really cute! What a sweet design. :)

4:48 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Mooning is just adorable. Am glad you are feeling better and got back to stitching and blogging too.

Great pictures of your trip.Looks like you had a wonderful trip and some good time with a friend :D

Take care

8:15 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

So sorry to hear you have been so poorly.

Hugs

5:44 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Glad to hear things are much better! Not fun at all. Love the finish-very cute. Congrats.

12:19 PM  
Blogger Mindi said...

I sure hope you start feeling better soon, UTIs are no fun at all, especially when the meds either aren't working, or are making you even sicker. I've been through it myself, many times.

Those pictures of the desert are gorgeous. I've been to Las Vegas a couple of times, but was never there long enough to get outside of the city. Hopefully next time I can drag myself away from the fantastic restaurants.

12:32 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

What a beautiful park!

Congrats on your finish!

3:05 PM  
Blogger Juls said...

Love the pictures! I always mean to get to Death Valley but never do! Thanks for sharing! I am glad you are feeling better!

3:48 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

I am so sorry that you have been so unwell Margaret. (((hugs)))
Mooning is very cute. :)
Take good care! (((hugs again)))

6:29 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Hi Margaret, hope you are feeling much better these days.
Your halloween finish is so cute.

I sent you an e-mail last sunday but i am not sure if you had receive it. Would you mind to send me a note(mboekel@yahoo.com).Thanks.

12:52 PM  
Blogger Barb said...

Love your finish. Glad your feeling better, sorry to hear about your reaction to the antibiotics. Barb

2:33 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Cute kitties. xx

2:34 PM  
Blogger Lelia said...

Lovely Fall project : )

9:16 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

I'm so sorry that you were so sick. Hopefully it is totally passed now and you're feeling back to normal. Congratulations on reaching such a milestone on Fredrick, that would feel wonderful and he's looking great. Also, Mooning is just to cute, I love those designs. Glad you had a good time with your friend.
Sue

6:25 PM  
Blogger Dawn B. said...

Sorry to hear that you have been ill but glad things are turning around for you now. Love the Halloween pice you did. Congrats on the finsih.

2:24 PM  
Blogger nela said...

Hi margarettt pase a saludarte...y ver como andabas esos gatos estan hermosos...
muchos besos
nela

8:28 AM  
Blogger nela said...

Hello margaret, if truth the cats are beautiful buys them, but I have not known like even changing to all the others this in contrucion, thanks for the information of the interchange, and to who I must write? in order to unite to me? kisses

5:21 AM  
Blogger nela said...

ahhh if they interest to you the cats buys them in grahics garden, have beautiful things
http://www.graphicgarden.com

5:50 AM  
Blogger Jane said...

Hi Margaret!
Your mooning kitties are so cute! Sorry to hear you haven't been well and I hope you are better soon. Thanks for visiting my blog and making such nice comments. Take care.

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home