Tuesday, April 01, 2008

April already?

Hope you are all well and didn't get too many April fool pranks played on you today. Now on the other hand - if it was you playing the pranks I hope you had great fun. Personally I got off easy this year and didn't really hear of anything funny around town either. Much watch the news tonight though just in case.

In March my brother and SIL visited us from Abbotsford, British Columbia and oh what a fun time we had. I am the baby of the family and my brother who is second youngest is actually nearly 10 years older than me. Even though my siblings are so much older I have always had a great bond with each an every one of them. My brother and I reminised and re-shared all those wonderful experiences which bind us so closely. He and I both love to cook so many recipes were once again exchanged. The four of us had such wonderful quality time together and boy did we miss them when they left.

Now for a bit of stitching news. Although I have been working on several projects for myself, today I'll show you a few pictures of gifts as well as a recent Fair Square.

Fair & Square Round 5 was stitched for Karen K. in Australia. The square is a section of Prairie Schooler's 'Village Green' stitched 2/2 on 32 ct natural linen. The PS designs are such fun to stitch and always come out so well.


This fob was stitched for one of my SP friends, Anne P. Anne is a very petite & very stylish lady. She is soft spoken, has a heart of gold and loves/is loved by everyone. This little fob (about 1 inch square) just needed to be made for her. The pattern is a freebie from the back page of a Passione Ricamo catalog (thank you Juls) stitched 1/1 on 25 count cream evenweave with DMC 115. I am so very happy that Anne loved the fob.


The start of another gift. This is a design from Tantes Zolder http://myauntsattic.web-log.nl/ and represents the month of January. I am stitching it 1/1 on 25 count white lugana with DMC 797. These 'month' patterns are all so much fun to stitch that I'm already planning the next one.

Before signing off - a gift for all of you - a favorite recipe of my mother's which I made for dinner tonight.

Seven Layer Casserole

1 layer sliced raw potatoes
1 layer sliced or chopped onions
1 layer thinly sliced carrots
1 tin peas
1/4 cup uncooked instant rice
1 lb sausage
1 tin tomato soup mixed with 1 tin water
salt and pepper to taste

NB: I use frozen peas and carrots and that works perfectly.

Bake in pre-heated oven at 370 F (190 C) for 1 hour covered, turn sausages and bake uncovered for 1 hour.


Although we are personally not vegetarians I am sure this dish would be just as tasty without the sausage.

4 Comments:

Blogger lena-lou said...

Hi Margaret sounds like a nice time you had :) Love seeing your stitching, the QS is lovely and you might know that I would think the tiny fob is gorgeous !!

Have a nice week and hope Spring has started nicely where you are.

2:25 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Your stitching is looking wonderful! And thank you for sharing the recipe, it sounds yummy :-D

5:24 AM  
Blogger Kathy A. said...

How wonderful to hear someone have a family visit and really enjoy it!
Your stitching is beautiful. Nice progess on your works. The fob is beautiful!

11:17 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

It's so good to hear that siblings with a big age difference can (and are!) good friends as adults. I wonder sometimes about our kids ...

I love your stitching. That wee fob for your friend is just precious!

12:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home