Friday, December 21, 2007

Finally Framed

Nearly a year ago I took a mounting and framing course. The teacher was fantastic and the technique amazing. I was all set!! However being the worry wart I am about things not being absolutely perfect I put off trying my hand at it myself and as the months passed and the finished pile of stitching projects increased I found myself unwilling to attempt my newly learned skills.

Several times this past year 'A' asked me when I was actually going to put her lessons into practice. About a month ago she suggested bringing a project over to her house and she would advise as I was working on it. I took her up on her offer and here are my first framed pieces.

The Tea Room was mounted and framed with A's guidance.

County Cottage Needleworks "The Tea Room"

'A' cut the mat for this reindeer but I mounted and framed it myself the following day.

The Workbasket "Quaker Reindeer"
JCS Christmas Ornaments 2006

A week later I mounted and framed this piece myself.

The Prairie Schooler 'O Christmas Tree'

I am thrilled to finally be framing my own pieces. Now all I have to remember is that practise makes perfect and just get at that large pile of stitching just begging to be framed.

18 Comments:

Blogger stitcherw said...

Your framing looks wonderful, you did a great job.
Sue

9:42 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Great job and fine pics. I love the frames you've chosen too.
Hugs!
Lili

11:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're a natural!! The look great! The Tea Room is sooo lovely!!

11:37 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Outstanding framing Margaret! You had a great teacher and I can't wait to see what other gems will be framed by you!

Tea Room is beautiful!

12:18 PM  
Blogger Dawn T. said...

Fantastic job on the framing!!

1:00 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Wow! Those look wonderful. I'll have to get you to frame some of mine! Or at least have your teacher teach me, too. Happy Holidays to you!

1:30 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Great job on the framing. You're right, practice makes perfect! BTW did you have to invest in lots of tools for your framing hobby?

7:27 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Glad to see you back Margaret.
Wow! those are excellent job on the frames and the stitched pieces are a beauty.

Merry Christmas to you and family with lots of joy and love and A very Happy New Year :D

7:49 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

You've done a wonderful job! Framing isn't so intimidating once you get the hang of it, and it makes finishing pieces so much more affordable when you can frame more of them on your own. We do a lot of our own framing and it's very gratifying to see a piece you've taken from start to the every end on your own.

9:59 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Your framing looks fantastic! Great job.

1:41 AM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

What beautiful frames! I especially like the Tea Room... Lovely picture. You have certainly learned a great new skill.

3:40 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

All are framed perfectly...but dear Margaret...you KNOW that CCN and LHN are my favorites and the set up you have with the Tea Room is PERFECTION!! I think I must stitch it for myself and steal your display ideal...I have "the" perfect antique tea pot, cup and saucer....
Good work!!!!
And many Merry Christmas wishes to you my dear friend!

5:46 AM  
Blogger The Silver Thistle said...

Just popping by to wish you and yours a VERY Merry Christmas!

Looking forward to hearing all your news in 2008!

7:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Now Youll save a lot of Money Margaret by being able to frame your own pieces ;)

It cost so much here to get a piece framed but after putting in all the hard work of stitching a piece having it properly framed is worth it.

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays xx

7:48 PM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Wonderful work, Margaret! Soon, you will be framing Fred.

7:53 PM  
Blogger Dani - tkdchick said...

Hoooray for taking that first step! Its always the hardest! All of your framing looks just fantastic!

I'm glad you had the guts to put that course to use!

8:43 PM  
Blogger Anne S said...

Wow, your framing looks wonderful - what an awesome skill to have! :D Just wanted to drop by and with you all the best for the remainder of the festive season, and hope that 2008 is filled with love, peace and happiness :)

5:49 PM  
Blogger Chelle said...

All of your framing looks great!

10:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home