Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Where do I begin?

Where do I begin? To everyone who is taking the trouble to read this post after my long absence - thank you for hanging in there. It was never my intention to be away so long but many things just got in the way. A few examples? Think of a week of plumbers, drywallers and city inspectors followed by CLEANING!! How about a wonderful week cruising the Mexican Riviera - rest, relaxation, good weather, good food and good company. Or a week when I came down with bronchitis that just wouldn't go away. Need I say more? But now I have some pictures to show you.

This lovely bag was quilted and made by my dear friend Ann. She did a wonderful job and I can tell you Ann that everyone at Stitcher's Paradise admired it and was more than a little jealous. The quilters among them inspected it from all sides and commented on how perfect your points are and loved the way you made the handles. Thank you so much for this wonderful gift - it accompanies me every week.

Yesterday I once again tried my hand at framing and I am very pleased with how it turned out. I bought the frame complete with mat which was sure nice. The statue and vase were purchased in Greece in 1975 during our honeymoon.

And here is my progress on "A Suite of Nutcrackers". This is such a wonderful piece to work on. It is being stitched 1/2 on 32 ct opalescent white lugana. IRL the colors are so much brighter.

This was my 01/01/08 start and is coming along so nicely that I think it will be my first finish of the year.

Please don't ask me how Frederick is coming along as he isn't. Of the three SALers I fear I will be the last to finish.

If you check my sidebar you will see that I have started a few other projects since the beginning of the year. In my next post I'll show you what I have done so far.

13 Comments:

Blogger Kathy A. said...

Well, Margaret - it is good to have you back amongst us. Look forward to seeing some stitching photos

11:15 PM  
Blogger Patricia D. said...

Hi
I m a portuguese girl, and I start to see blogs from others countrys to learn more and who Knows to find friends.
You have beautiful things.
Visit my blog
See u
Patricia D.

4:13 AM  
Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

WELCOME back Margaret ;)
Look at that lovely bag will you? Wow...so cute!
And I love your framed piece!!!
Your suite of nutcrackers is looking GREAT! And you've just been busy, busy, busy!

4:58 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret, with just that verbal snapshot of your recent life events...it's No wonder you haven't posted often! Glad to hear you treated yourself to some R&R...a Mexican Rivera cruise...lucky you!

The bag is fabulous! Does Anne have a blog highlighting her other works of art? I'd love to have a peak.

Frederick update...I am done to my last book, then I have all my metallic thread to work and then...don't you love this...all the backstitching to do! I must say that our SAL has helped me keep on track even when things got a little crazy for me.

Is that Four Seasons Sampler the chairs? If so, I'd like to join in, it'd be a nice change from working on black!

Loved reading about your adventures! Stay well!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Hoi! Glad to see you back, Margaret! I was beginning to wonder if you had fallen off the face of the earth (or perhaps spending some time on this side of the pond).
That quilted bag is just perfect, I can tell just by looking at the picture. Your nutcrackers are coming along nicely, too!

1:01 PM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Welcome back! Don't stay away so long, next time. LOL. Wow! You have been busy while you haven't been blogging.

2:50 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Hi Margaret, nice to see you post. You have busy in a good and not so good way. Hope you are all better now.

I love the quilted bag it's beautiful! Your framing turned out lovely and you have made nice progress on your nutcrackers.

7:52 PM  
Blogger Kitty Couture said...

Good to hear from you, Margaret. I was beginning to wonder about you.
I'm glad you're OK.

The quilted bag is gorgeous. You did another great job at framing your Michael Powell.
I am glad you are enjoying your stitching.

Take good care, dear Margaret. I was happy to find and read your post today.

3:24 AM  
Blogger stitching aussie style said...

Hi Margaret,
So pleased to have you back and your bag is FANTASTIC along with your stitching.
You certainly have had a busy time with one thing and another.
Lindy

4:08 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

That nasty bronchitis... I've had a few (thank God, I don't smoke or I would've had many more...) and they're bad memories as they wouldn't go away easily...
This bag is a wonder... I envy you too!!!
The frame is perfect, congratulations! And I love the souvenirs of your honeymoon too.
A suite of nutcrackers looks really beautiful and I'm sure Marinus is encouraging you the best he can with it!!!
Sorry for the late comment, I have been very little on the web lately...
I'm eagerly waiting for your next post.
Love,
Lili

5:10 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Oh my, you have been tied up with other things, both good and bad. I hope that you're feeling totally recovered now from the bronchitis and that your home is back to normal after what sounds like a wet plumbing disaster. The cuise sounds wonderful, I'll look forward to seeing some pictures later.

The bag looks great, what a fun one to have to use. Your framing looks wonderful too, I also love it when I can find a frame/mat combination that works. Nutcracker is coming along great. My DD has a Nutcracker collection, so she'd be quite envious if I showed her what you're working on and how beautiful it is looking.
Sue

7:28 AM  
Blogger Karin said...

The tote bag is gorgeous! I can see why you take it everywhere.

12:03 PM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Hi Margaret,
Loved that frame! The bag is lovely, lucky gal!...and a trip? Wow ! I hoped you had a wonderful time and enjoyed it. Nutcraker is looking good. Gald to have you back!!

8:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home