Thursday, April 17, 2008

What a yukky bike!!!

I am currently in the process of going through many years of correspondence. It is a very sentimental journey as it contains not only the letters and cards received from relatives and friends but every card, drawing and gift created especially for me by our son and daughter.

This morning I came across this picture in a letter sent by my friend Lina (Canada) after her visit to us in The Netherlands in 1996. She and I were on a walking tour of Delft and came across this bike which had been pulled from the canal (yes that's me behind the bike).

3 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

As soon as I saw that picture, before I'd read a word, I knew it HAD to be the Netherlands! LOL!

11:07 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Oh my... I hope the rider's in a better condition! Lol!

1:16 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

I did the same task of going through those precious memories at Christmas time in 2006. It really reminds us all of how blissful our lives have been & how richly endowed we are with the special in our lifes despite what seems to be memorable hiccoughs along the way. I'm glad you shared this with us, Margaret.

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home