Tuesday, January 12, 2016

"60 is the new 20" by Margie Taylor

2016 got off to a good start.
I decided which stitching projects to concentrate on (more about that in another post) and began a new year of reading.
Stitching is my passion, reading my addiction. Hey, things could be much worse. :)


What better way to start my new reading year than with a book written by a friend?
Margie
sent me her newest book, "60 is the new 20" "A light-hearted, tongue-in-cheek look at boomers by one of their own", for Christmas.
The weekend after New Year's Day (a weekend which would normally have been a downer with our children and grandchildren far away again) was a perfect time to spend reading, remembering, chuckling and laughing.

Oh Margie what a great read!
There wasn't a chapter which didn't either bring back a great memory or give me insight into not only you then (gulp - 50 years ago), through the years, and now; but also a look at myself and all the other 60 plussers.
Yup I had/have bad hair days, fade to black and have a bucket list.
I also have wonderful memories of long summer evenings in Fort William, Ontario, Christmas caroling at Westmount Hospital, and Friday evenings listening to local singers and bands at the Royal Eddie (making one rum and coke last as long as possible).

Read Margie's book and rediscover yourself.

Go to her website margietaylor.com, meet her and listen to Margie read from Chapters 4 and 14 of the book on the podcasts shown on the right hand side of the home page.
Listening to the podcasts is great. Margie has a lovely reading voice - a voice I remember well from Mr. Hyatt's English class 50 years ago.
Then do yourself a favor and read this "boomer's guide to aging with grace, dignity, and what's left of your self-respect".

"60 is the new 20" is a real treasure, a book you will read and reread.
 

1 Comments:

Blogger Juls said...

Sounds good. I'm in a reading slump right now but thankfully not a stitching slump.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home