Sunday, December 21, 2008

Lovely Gifts and Pretty Finishes

Today was a great day with the arrival of our son for the Christmas holidays and two (yes you read that right - two) finishes. More about those at the end of this post.

It is so good to have DS home and he, DH & I went out to one of our favorite Chinese (Indonesian) restaurants for dinner this evening. Now the men are busy catching up but I told them I just had to get this written before I sit down for a glass of wine.

The past few weeks have flown by and the gifty post I wanted to write last weekend was postponed until today.
I simply must share the lovely gifts I've received with you.

Just look at this adorable box and the lovely handmade card which Alison
made for me. I love stitched houses and this one is so perfectly made!! I've already given it a special place in my office/hobby room. Thank you so very much Alison.



Our Sip 'n Stitch on December 13 was great fun and it was so good to see Annemarie & Harmien again. We probably didn't get as much stitching done as we had planned but oh well the word 'Sip' does appear before the word 'Stitch' which must mean it is the most important element of these days right?

Not only did they bring their stitching, friendship and laughter - they also came bearing wonderful gifts.


This pretty Mary Garry ornament was stitched by Harmien Isn't it great? It is my first ever Mary Garry. She also gave me the cutest little brown bag filled with all kinds of pretty finishing fabrics. I've already put one aside to finish my first pinkeep for the 2009 draw (yup it's already stitched - loved the pattern so much I just couldn't resist a small project). Below you can see the great fabric Harmien's used for the back of the ornament.

Annemarie gave me my first ever Gloriana French silk. It is a lovely Red Clay color and I feels wonderful. I can hardly wait to start stitching with it. She also gave me these pretty plaid fat quarters from Quiltshop 'Leur'. Now who can resist quilting when they've received such pretty fabric.


Thank you both so for making this such a fun day and bringing me these wonderful gifts.

And now for a few finishes.

'Four Season Chairs' - Summer
stitched 2/2 on 28 ct antique white evenweave
finished September 21, 2008

'Four Season Chairs' - Autumn
stitched 2/2 on 28 ct antique white evenweave
finished December 21, 2008

'The Poppy Lady'
stitched 1/2 on 32 ct opalescent lugana
finished December 21, 2008

11 Comments:

Blogger Mylene said...

Your finishes looks awesome!! Congrats!!
Gifts received are all beautiful.

And ENJOY your time with DS.

Happy Holidays!!

2:52 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret, on this very first cold day of winter (-32'C), your autumn chair looks so warm and inviting!

Love the Poppy Lady!

10:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hurrah, Poppy Lady is beautiful, Margaret!! As are those two comfy chairs... ;o)
Happy Holidays!!

10:35 PM  
Blogger Cindy F. said...

What wonderful gifts! You received some gorgeous fat quarters:)
Congrats on all of your finishes!
Beautiful pieces!

10:21 AM  
Blogger nela said...

ayy que cosa mas lindas tienes de regalo... Feliz navidad margaret...

10:50 AM  
Blogger Juls said...

Amazing!!! Your gifts are lovely and so well deserved my friend! I love your finishes and recall when you were doing them at SP!!!! We miss you so! You missed the lovely snow we had...about 2-3 inches by us!!!!
Enjoy your DS visit and have a Merry Christmas!!!!
How does April 1st sound for the Mummy start?????
And speaking of starts what do you have planned for Jan 1st???? I need to know.....

12:01 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wonderful, Margaret, on all counts!

12:39 PM  
Blogger Carin said...

I found your blog on Mainly Stitching and I really love your receiving gifts. You are very lucky!

And your finishes are beautiful!

Happy Holidays!!

7:01 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Oh my! A fireworks post! Such wonders all over! It's Xmas tonight!!!
Amazing fabrics, amazing stitching...
Thanks for sharing!
Love, Lili

5:38 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Lovely goodies you received, and what beautiful finishes you had as well. Glad that you were able to have a good time with your son visiting, that's great he could get home. My DD also was able to make it home this year, I was thrilled.
Sue

10:10 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Gorgeous finishes Margaret!

7:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home