Thursday, June 24, 2010

Finished - I'm sooo happy!!!

Eagle Bluff Lighthouse, Wisconsin
designed by Brigitte Kozma
from the January-February 1988 Just CrossStitch magazine
stitched on 28 ct antique white Aida with DMC floss

I can hardly believe it!! This afternoon I put the final backstitches on the lighthouse for my SIL Jane. Had I known how difficult it is to read some of these old patterns I would have never offered to stitch it for her. However - I did offer and as you can see I did stitch it. The result (nicer IRL than on the picture) is a piece that will look very nice in their lighthouse decorated cottage. This project took me just over a year to complete as it was started on July 15, 2009.

Although the magazine has several other lovely designs there is no way I am considering starting any of them for the moment. The magazine is going back to the archives. :-)

Hope to be back soon to show you some of the other projects I have been working on. For today this is enough. Finished - I'm so happy!!!

9 Comments:

Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

IT is gorgeous Margaret, I can just imagine how utterly stunning it is in real life! CONGRATS!!!!

7:15 PM  
Blogger Kucki68 said...

It looks wonderful!

2:16 AM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Oh Margaret, this is such a beautiful piece.

2:20 AM  
Blogger Kathy A. said...

Hey Margaret - it is stunning finished. I am working on a RR with that type of lighthouse and they are indeed labor intensive. But, they are so wonderful done. What a lovely job you have done and what a wonderful gift.
How's the weather your way? Enjoying your summer?

4:48 AM  
Blogger Karen said...

Congratulations Margaret! It looks fantastic!!

6:14 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret,I just had to enlarge the photo to take in all the beautiful details...those bricks looks so life like! Fantastic!

7:15 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

It looks fantastic! Congrats!

2:28 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Congrats on the finish. It looks wonderful, she'll love it.
Sue

5:35 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

A beautiful piece!

4:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home