Friday, December 04, 2009

Harmien's Stocking

Although my 'last 2009 post' was written at the end of November I can not close this year off without showing you the beautiful Christmas stocking which Harmien made for me. I love it and will always cherish it. Thank you also for the great Dutch tile cards. They will make me think of the Netherlands when we are once again far away.

Annemarie and Harmien were over yesterday for our final get-together. We had a fun time with loads of talking and yes even stitching. Harmien finished her 'Poinsettia House' which she's not quite pleased with just yet but is actually lovely. Annemarie was diligently working on a marriage sampler which she hopes to have finished by tomorrow as it is a Sinter Klaas gift. That will be a long night of stitching An - better get that coffee pot going. (LOL)

Thank you both for welcoming me in your stitching midst when we arrived here in 2008. I will miss you but know we will keep in touch and hopefully see one another again at some time in the future.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kathy A. said...

What a lovely stocking my dear? Isn't Harmien's stitching wonderful.
Are you moving? You seem to be saying goodbye?

8:12 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

What a beautifully delicate looking stocking! Reminds me of days past!

Wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!

12:25 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

What a fabulous gift from Harmien! I have seen a couple of her stockings and they are real beauties. I really missed coming to see you one last time. I was just too unwell to manage. I am happy to hear that Annemarie was able to make it. I hope you and your husband have a safe trip back with smooth sailing for all your things literally and figuratively.

Hugs ~
Heidi

12:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oooh, Margaret, I had such a lovely time, I cannot believe it will probably be a looong time before our next Sip 'n Stitch!!! Wishing you a wonderful Christmas and New Year's with the family and a safe trip home...

1:33 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

That's a lovely gift received.

ps. are you going back to the U.S?

2:52 PM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

It's lovely. Safe travels and merry holidays wished to you!!

11:23 AM  
Blogger Hazel said...

This is just stunning. Lovely stocking! x

9:55 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

I just loved the sweet colors. Beautiful!!

10:34 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

that's a lovely stocking
Beautiful work

5:34 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

How lovely, Harmien stitches so beautifully.

1:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home