Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Pictures of projects

Well at least I'm not waiting as long between posts as last time. Of course with pictures to show you I just couldn't resist.

My first finish today is a gift for a little friend who adores anything that moves.

This design was adapted from the Jan/Feb 1990 edition of Cross Stitch & Country Crafts which my SIL was kind enough to give me when we were in Michigan in May. It is stitched on 14 ct antique white Aida with DMC floss. A real fun project.

Also finished today - 'Scary Scraps' - the SAL with Juls and Brenda. I saw this piece for the first time when Martha brought it into Stitcher's Paradise the day she was taking it to the framer. I thought this little guy was so cute and fell in love with the Twisted Peppermint Pink overdyed linen she had stitched on so immediately ordered the lot. What a fun SAL this was ladies - thank you!!

'Scary Scraps - the Mummy'
stitched 2/2 on 30 ct Twisted Peppermint Pink OD linen
with DMC, Needle Necessities & Rainbow Gallery threads

Now that I'm down to two WIPs it is time to start a new project (how can I resist?). I promised my SIL in Michigan that I would stitch the Eagle Bluff Lighthouse by the artist/designer Brigitte Kozma for their cottage at Wolf Lake. Lighthouses are the main theme in their cottage. The pattern was printed in the Jan/Feb 1988 issue of Just Cross Stitching which she gave me. Once again I'll be stitching on 14 ct Aida since I have a piece which is not only the right size but also the right color.


Hope everyone is enjoying their summer and relaxing and stitching as much as possible.

5 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

That transportation gift is ADORABLE!

6:13 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Great stitching!
The project for your sil will be no piece of cake but it's absolutely amazing.
Love,
Lili

9:17 AM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Down to two WIPs? How did you do that? Lol.
Very nice finishes, congratulations.

2:46 PM  
Blogger Kathy A. said...

Wonderful projects there girl. The transportation collage is quite cool.
I love Scraps. Love the colors and the fabric.
Oh, I so love your new lighthouse. My bathroom is done in lighthouses!!

6:25 PM  
Blogger Cindy F. said...

Both are such fun pieces!! Congrats!! on 2 awesome finishes!!
Love all the colors on the mummy!

4:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home