Wednesday, January 21, 2009

"G" is for Gorgeous and ...

...GREEN!!!!

Introducing my first finish of 2009 - 'The Wicked Witch of the West'


Most of you will remember her from 'The Wizard of Oz' and many of you from Gregory Maguire's 'Wicked'. Wherever you know her from I'm sure you will remember having a soft spot for Elphaba.

When I visted Juls' home for the first time I saw this beauty gracing one of the walls and it was love at first site. I stitched Elphaba 2/2 on 28 ct overydyed (Carnival I believe) lugana. Thank you for the introduction Juls - she was such a fun project and I am so pleased with the result.

WWW was the last of my Halloween WIPs and I wanted to get her finished early in the year as Brenda, Juls, Martha and I are planning a new Halloween SAL starting 04/01/09.

Meet 'Scraps' I already have the suggested fabric - 30 ct Twisted Peppermint Pink overdyed linen and will be tossing my floss soon to make sure I have all the colors needed. This is going to be another fun project and I can hardly wait to start.

In the meantime I hope to finish a few more WIPs started in 2008 and perhaps even start something new. Since I have a few kits which will be stitched on Aida I thought one of these might be a great project for the final dark winter days. Will let you know what I decide.

One last thing before I make some lunch and get back to my bookkeeping - if you are an avid reader and haven't read Elizabeth Kostova's 'The Historian' do so. I'm enjoying it thoroughly.

12 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

Congratulations on your finish. Scraps looks like a really fun project.

5:17 AM  
Blogger Kathy A. said...

That looks like a very cool stitch. congrats on the finish

9:45 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

That looks pretty big, a great finish.
Looking forward to see your update on the next.

10:50 AM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Goodness, you finished that witch already??? And a new creepy creature coming up. Exciting stuff, Margaret!
I'll drop you a line tomorrow!

11:51 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret...your WWW is frightening! Great job!

2:22 PM  
Blogger Cindy F. said...

WOW!! Congrats on your amazing first finish of 2009!! It's gorgeous! Love your new pick too!

3:36 PM  
Blogger Cindy said...

Awesome finish! Where did you find the pattern?

5:08 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

What a cool finish! Love it. Looks wonderful!

7:02 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Scraps is definitely a CHARACTER and I think Mosey and Me have been extremely inspired to create that one...
Many hugs,
Lili

2:32 PM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Elphaba is simply gorgeous! I have to have one. LOL. The MOTH & I celebrated our wedding anniversary last year by going to Melbourne to see 'Wicked', the show. It was marvelous.

11:15 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Fun finish, and Scraps will be another great one, very colorful. I read The Historian last year and really enjoyed it as well.
Sue

9:08 AM  
Blogger Ranae said...

Thanks so much for your support.
I love the witch, I have never seen that one before. Love the green face.
I have never sen scraps either.
You are an enabler so far, lol.
You have some wonderful stitchings going on.

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home