Tuesday, December 30, 2008

33 1/4

This afternoon at 2:45 pm with 33 hours and 15 minutes left in 2008 I placed the last stitch on 'Autumn In My Garden'.

'Autumn in My Garden' by Nora Corbett
stitched 2/2 with face stitched 1/2 over 1
on 32 ct platinum Lugana with DMC floss


This project, which was started in June 2007 as a SAL with my friend B (Brenda finished her's that autumn), took much longer to finish than I had initially thought - not because I didn't find it enjoyable but because other newer projects got in the way.


Finally here she is - I'm so pleased with the result. Stitching the face 1/2 over 1 gives her such a delicate look.


Wishing you and yours a safe and fun New Year's Eve and a happy & healthy 2009.

16 Comments:

Blogger staci said...

Congrats! It's gorgeous!!! A fantastic way to end the year :)

10:35 AM  
Blogger Chiloe said...

Beautiful !!! Congrats on that finish ;-) Have y ou ever tried to stitch the faces on 1/1? it's really beautiful but such a pain to stitch in my opinion ;-)

11:26 AM  
Blogger Cindy F. said...

~~HAPPY DANCE MARGARET!!~~ Congrats on your beautiful finish!!

12:55 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

That's a beautiful finish, congrats!!

A very Happy New Year to you!!

12:29 AM  
Blogger Juls said...

Oh wow!!! Congratulations!!!! She is beautiful!!! I love her face.
And yes I'll pick up the threads for our Mummy SAL...we'll talk more about it later dear friend.
Happy New Year to ypu and DH!!!!!

12:50 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Congratulations, Margaret!

3:50 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oehhh, wat is ze mooi!!!

5:00 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

She is A-MA-ZING!!!
She's a wonder and I hope you'll give her the frame she deserves!
Congratulations on this finish.
I'm about to write you an email.
Love,
Lili

7:34 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

She is stunning!

All the best in 2009!

Hugs and smiles

10:37 AM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Yay! A lovely last finish. xx

1:08 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Wonderful finish, what a great one to end the year on.
Sue

4:46 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

She looks beautiful! Wishing you and your family the best in 2009!

7:05 PM  
Blogger nela said...

Happy new Year margaret

1:10 PM  
Blogger Felicity said...

She looks gorgeous! Congratulations. Let's happy dance together.

2:47 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

What a gorgeous finish! I have always loved this design. Congratulations!!

5:30 AM  
Blogger Jan Ratliff said...

I have this pattern and am looking forward to stitching it in the near future! Yours looks beautiful. Very inspiring! Right now I'm working on Winter for my EGA group. We do "Promise Pieces". We "promise" to finish a piece by the end of the year and pay $5. If we finish it we get the money back. If not, well then it's a fundraiser. We raise money every year! I do hope I finish mine though.

3:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home