Sunday, January 04, 2009

First 2009 starts

Happy New Year. I hope everyone's year got off to a good start and that 2009 will bring many good things your way.

It is exciting to see what everyone 'started' on 01/01. Every time I see a new design I think of how much fun we are all going to have this stitching year.

Personally I decided to combine my 01/01 start with the Me, Myself & I Neighborhood Round Robin I had signed up for. I chose a pattern which I received from my friend Mary last year and which has been calling me ever since. Here is 'Hometown Holiday' by Stoney Creek which I am stitching 2/2 on 28 ct overdyed 'Bluebell' lugana with DMC floss.

Enthusiastically I started stitching on New Years Day and after about 15 stitches frogged and restarted (just as enthusiastically actually). However 1 1/2 hours and many starts later my good feelings started to wane a bit. With about 25 stitches in place (I think!!) I put it away for the day.

Since I am waiting for some of the floss to arrive I've decided to let it rest for the moment and am now concentrating mainly on 'Wicked Witch of the West'. Stay tuned - I'll post a progress picture of her shortly.

This morning I decided I really wanted to start the kit I received from Berta for Christmas. I love stitching mandelas and this one is so cute.

The fabric is 28 ct 'French Lace' linen and the floss is also linen. I thought stitching with linen would be very difficult but so far so good. There is also gold & copper braid to be stitched with and pretty beads & a charm to finish it off. Although I just wanted to keep on stitching I decided to put it away till next Sunday so I can prolong the fun of stitching this piece a bit.


The clock just struck 8:00 pm so I'm going to put the coffemaker on and pull out WWW.

11 Comments:

Blogger mainely stitching said...

Congratulations on the good starts!

2:12 PM  
Blogger Virpi said...

Your new start looks really interesting.

8:44 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

Best of wishes with your hometown holiday-that is definitely a great chart!

8:29 PM  
Blogger Cindy F. said...

Pretty pieces you're working on!!
Can't wait to see more!!! Great starts to 2009!

10:41 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret...I love your progress! I have yet to start my piece...my mood just hasn't been quite right for something so delicate! But soon, I'll start.

All the best in 2009!

8:42 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Great start!

10:52 PM  
Blogger nela said...

Hola Margaret...
ante todo gracias por tus deseos..
segundo desearte suerte en el sorteo, ..
y por ultimo como que nuestra amiga ardilla esta un poco perdida... besos
Hi Margaret ...
first of all thank you for your wishes ..
second wish you luck in the draw ..
and finally as our friend the squirrel a little lost ... kisses

6:45 AM  
Blogger Heidi said...

Love the design from Stoney Creek! I too had a new start that I stitched away on and then had to totally rip out and start again. I am stitching it over one and thought two threads would look best but changed my mind. :) Dat mag wij vrouwen toch! Hope you year has many wonderful finishes in store.

Thanks for your support about the sampler. I will share it with you when I see you next which I hope will not be too far in the future. I just felt the designer did not deserve any free advertising on my blog.

Hugs en groetjes ~
Heidi

7:52 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Holidays looks like it will be a beautiful piece, sorry your initial start of it went a bit rough. Your Mandella is looking lovely as well. Have fun with your start of WWW, I'll look forward to seeing a progress picture of it.
Sue

12:23 PM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Great starts! x

12:59 PM  
Blogger Mylene said...

That is a wonderful design you have chosen for the Me, myself...looking forward to see your update on it.

Great start on Mandella.

2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home