Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dutch Beast visits Las Vegas

They say that the older one gets the faster time flies by but this is just ridiculous - my last post was was written nearly two months ago!!! The time has been well spent though - enjoying our children and catching up with old friends.

I've also done some stitching - concentrating mainly on 'Dutch Beast' by Ink Circles which I received from DH last year for my birthday.

This is such a great pattern and so much fun to stitch. The small designs on a sampler give a wonderful quick finishing satisfaction without the problem of finish/finishing each one. I have a looooooong way to go but as of today this is what it looks like.

Early this month DH attended a conference in Las Vegas and this 'Dutch Beast' (LOL) got to go along. We stayed next door to our own house which was rather strange but on the other hand it was great to see that our tenants are taking good care of our house.

Luckily one of the conference days was on a Wednesday, which is stitching day at Stitcher's Paradise, and it was so wonderful to see everyone again and even meet some new stitchers. They are such a great bunch of women and were so welcoming for this long lost stitching buddy.

Before 8:00 am B picked me up and after driving her granddaughter to school we stopped for coffee before the stitching day began. Brenda had offered to make my lunch and anyone who knows her will be jealous of the yummy salad from B's Deli. It was soooo good.

To celebrate all the wonderful times we have spent eating and chatting together I stitched a pattern from 'Dutch Beast' for her and made it into a scissor fob. Here we are eating pizza and drinking wine.
Then it was on to stitching and chatting. I had brought along 'Pumpkin Patch' by Prairie Schooler to stitch so I wouldn't have to spend my time counting rather than talking. I'll show my progress in a future post. To celebrate the March birthdays and my visit Jul's had made a delicious raisin cake from her grandmother's recipe - thanks Julie, is there any cake you can't bake to perfection?

At the end of the stitching day I went home with Adele and had a wonderful visit with her and her husband. I have never met anyone who stitches like Adele and it was so great to see her latest finishes which she also mats and frames - beautiful!!! DH picked me up there after the convention and the four of us spent some more time visiting.

When Adele and I first discovered 'Dutch Beast' we got such a kick out of Don Quixote fighting the windmill and laughed out loud at the bird pooping on his head. You guessed it, I stitched it for her to celebrate our friendship and finished it into a pinkeep.

Both pieces are stitched 1/1 on 25 ct lugana with DMC floss. They were such fun to stitch and I am so very happy that both of these dear friends liked what I stitched for them.

15 Comments:

Blogger Maren said...

I took one look and thought, "Wow, that looks so tiny--is that 1 over 1?" Very nice! LOL, I love both the little finishes you did using the Dutch Beast. Charming!

7:11 AM  
Blogger Kathy A. said...

Oh Margaret. It sounds like you had such a fun visit in Las Vegas. I had the pleasure of going to Stitcher's Paradise and of meeting Juls. Glad it made you so happy.

11:10 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I understand that Dutch Beauty depicts a dog pooping, and now Dutch Beast has a bird pooping. I sense a theme. LOL

Beautiful start and finishes, BTW!

11:10 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful time with your visit with friends.

That's a great design you are working and the small finishes looks lovely.

11:54 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Wonderful stitching! So glad you enjoyed a nice visit back to Las Vegas.

2:38 PM  
Blogger lena-lou said...

Hi Margaret, Sorry long time since I have visited. Glad you had a good trip to Las Vegas. I think your sampler is really funny with birds pooping etc, I bet it is a happy stitch.
The little 1/1 fobs you have made are both equally lovely, lucky friends :)
Take care

4:49 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

I am just dieing to stitch Dutch Beast too. It will be one of the times I break my stash diet this year as I plan to buy it. Have you seen the blog about it? It is just a riot to read her explanations about the symbols. Now I am drolling...lol! Sorry for your wet screen. :-) How cute are those pinkeeps made with some of the symbols!!! Great job.

Hugs ~
Heidi

4:50 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful trip. The two little finished items from Dutch Beast are adorable.

5:35 AM  
Blogger staci said...

Gorgeous finishes!!!

8:01 AM  
Blogger Leeland said...

Amazing!
It's great to read about you!
And you're so talented. I have the lovely heart scissor fob you offered me with the scissors and everyone wonders at my talent! And I'm always proud to say that my friend Margaret stitched this wonder, not I! No doubt your friends will cherish your exquisite stitching.
Many hugs,
Lili

5:04 AM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret, glad to hear your property is in such good hands! Your stitching looks fabulous.

I have nominated you for Kreativ Blogger Award! It's always a pleasure to see what you are up to!

7:57 AM  
Blogger Sharon said...

The gifts you stitched were just beautiful! What fun you have been having!

7:27 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

It sounds like a great visit with old friends, Margaret. I love the gifts you stitched - over-1 stitching is so impressive!

6:31 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

That's a lovely chart and a good start. The smalls finishes look fabulous.

Glad you had a wonderful time in Las Vegas.

3:14 AM  
Blogger Wendy said...

Dutch Beast ?? ik krijg er een beetje rare visioenen bij.......hihi !
maareh, het ziet er inderdaad wel leuk uit !

8:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home