Monday, March 30, 2009

Pumpkins in March

While others are planting their pumpkin seeds for harvesting in the fall I have managed to produce pumpkins in March. I must be a creative gardener!(LOL)

'Pumpkin Patch' by Prairie Schooler
stitched 2/2 & 1/2 on 32 ct platinum lugana
with the suggested DMC floss">

In preparation for our trip to the US I started this project on March 6 (yes friends 2009) and had completed the small design in the top left hand corner as well as the top border before leaving home.

As all of my SP friends know I spent my Wednesday stitching hours gabbing and probably managed to stitch about five letters all day. After leaving Las Vegas I did manage to stitch a wee bit more.

Since the pattern requires only full stitches and is small enough to handle in small spaces I decided that this would be my travel piece and once we got home I put it away. However, I kept on thinking about it and how I really wanted to keep on stitching on this fun piece and within the next few days I picked it up again. My goodness - cross-stitching is my hobby (or should I say obsession?) and I should be stitching what I want, when I want. Don't you agree?

This past Saturday evening I put in the last stitch and I feel very satisfied with the finished piece.

I made one small change and that is one I would certainly advise anyone still starting this pattern to make. Rather than stitch the earth at the bottom of the pattern 2/2 I opted for 1/2 which makes the pumpkins a little more prominent.

Have a good week everyone and stay tuned as my next finish should be coming up within the week.

21 Comments:

Blogger Vonna Pfeiffer said...

I LOVE it Margaret! A totally cute and pretty finish!

4:09 AM  
Blogger Kucki68 said...

The pumpkins are adorable. No wonder you did not want to stop!

6:07 AM  
Blogger Kathy A. said...

Congratulations on that great finish! Love those PS seasonal charts

7:55 AM  
Blogger Annemarie said...

Oh, I absolutely LOVE it! PS charts are always a joy to stitch, especially when pumpkins are involved. I will indeed be planting pumpkin seeds later this week :o)

11:58 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Congratulations on your beautiful (and quick) finish!

12:11 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

I can see why you did not want to put the pumkins away. They are adorable.

4:02 AM  
Blogger Felicity said...

Gorgeous!!!

4:16 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Loved this piece, its so adorable.
Well done!

2:46 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

It looks great. Congrats on the finish!

1:21 PM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

It turned out fantastic, wow you finished it up fast. I like the idea you had for the ground at the base, it does make the pumpkins stand out more. I have this in my stash, I think I'll go drop a note in with it so I'll remember your idea when I get to stitching it.
Sue

5:15 PM  
Blogger Sharon said...

It's beautiful!

10:14 PM  
Blogger Heidi said...

It is never too early to think autumn if you ask me... :-) Love this piece! Will you be framing it? Want to join me this coming late summer and go borrow pumpkins from Annemarie's pumpkin patch??? She would never notice would she...lol! Congratulations on a great finish.

Hugs en groetjes ~
Heidi

3:43 AM  
Blogger nela said...

ohh chica productiva.... paso a desearte felices pascuas.. un beso

9:49 AM  
Blogger Babs said...

I so love that halloween work you made. NIce job

6:01 AM  
Blogger Teresa said...

I just found your blog and you stitching is wonderful!

6:10 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

What a lovely finish! I just love it!
Many many hugs,
Lili

2:08 AM  
Blogger clob said...

oh ! it one of my favotite Autumn pattern PS !!
i like so much the pumpkins....
your frame is perfect for it !!!
really beautiful

4:32 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

stopping by to say HELLO! Hope all is well with you.

3:39 PM  
Blogger Wendy said...

dat ziet er geweldig uit, je bent weer ijverig geweest !
ik zal nog een verder rondneuzen en even bijlezen !

8:21 AM  
Blogger Deb said...

What a great finish, Margaret! I'm so green with envy that you're over there near Barbara, Harmien and An!! :] I love pumpkins, too. Hugs, Deb

7:37 AM  
Blogger Maren said...

Your creative gardening is wonderful. I just found my first PS project. I love those pumpkins.

6:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home