Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Working on dreams

Just a quick post to show you that I have been working on those dreams of mine.

'Romantic Reflections II' was a Christmas 2008 gift from my friend Berta. Although she couldn't know that I love stitching mandalas and adore the wine country of California (particularly Sonoma County) she picked the perfect gift for me - what a fun stitch. I picked up a frame at Zenos that already had a mat. Since both frame and mat were a stark white I decided to paint the mat and after layering three different colors felt it was perfect. Thank you again for this lovely kit Berta.

Romantic Reflections II

For those of you who know me well the frame chosen for 'Birds and Hearts' will come as quite a surprise. Although the picture may not show it properly - the frame is DISTRESSED. Now this is not the type of frame I would normally choose but while walking past our local Marskramer I discovered this frame on sale for 2 euros (down from 14.95) and just couldn't resist the good deal. I figured I would just paint it and it would be ideal for something in my 'to be framed' pile. Once I got home and went through the stitched pieces I discovered that the frame in its distressed state would be perfect for 'Birds and Hearts'.

'Birds and Hearts'

Last but not least an update picture of 'Dutch Beast'. It is coming right along and I am enjoying every stitch.

'Dutch Beast'

Hope everyone is enjoying a good week. Happy stitching.

10 Comments:

Blogger Kathy A. said...

What lovely lovely pieces Margaret. I love the framing on them both.
Your Dutch Beast is coming along beautifully. Boy, it is a BAP

4:33 AM  
Blogger mainely stitching said...

Dutch Beast looks FAB! And I love everything else, too. :D

8:26 AM  
Blogger Mylene said...

Both framed pieces looks lovely!
and wow! I love the 'Dutch Beast' you are working on, i wonder who the designer is. Would like to add it to my wishlist.

1:27 AM  
Blogger Lillie said...

Lovely gift and beautiful frames. Dutch Beast is looking good.

12:47 AM  
Blogger Cindy F. said...

Margaret, I'm sorry I'm so late in replying to your email from last Thursday and the email address you gave me wouldn't let me send.
I want you to know how much your email and kind words mean to me! I was very scared, but distracted with son and other things going on...or I would have had a huge pity party for days!
Thankfully that scare is over, but it did make me think...hard! I never once thought, why me? because no one...you or anyone deserve to have those scares OR bad test results. I will keep you in my
thoughts and prayers and pray you never, ever have to go through anymore scares like your last ones...ever again!

Sending you BIG (((HUGS))) and lots of love:)
Have a blessed week friend! and your stitchings are BEAUTIFUL!!!

10:03 AM  
Blogger Hazel said...

Your finishes look great and it reminds me I still have your birds and hearts pattern in my "to do" pile. Great framing. x

3:25 AM  
Blogger stitcherw said...

Beast is coming along great, and I love your framed pieces.
Sue

2:27 PM  
Blogger Alberta said...

Margaret, your project turned out beautifully. I love how you 'found' the perfect frame! lol Keep up the wonderful stitching!

6:15 AM  
Blogger Brigitte said...

Margaret, your framed pieces look wonderful. It's always so amazing for me what the perfect frame can do to the look of a piece.
Very nice progress on Dutch Beast.

11:49 PM  
Blogger Leeland said...

I wouldn't dare dream this dream: I have dozens of smalls in a few drawers... Lol!
Lovely frames for such beautiful stitching.
HUgs!
Lili

9:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home